Saturday, November 18, 2017

Loyalty

My last post was in February 2016 when I last went home. A friend (an old friend would be more appropriate) was surprised to find my blog is still alive and I could only think of the word 'loyal'.

Before I proceed with my random rants on loyalty, I would like to shout out to WH, my old friend who feels older today because....it's his birthday!!!!
Happy Happy Birthday WH =)
Stay happy and healthy!!


WH and I knew each other (I am sure) for more than 10 years. It started off with simple bantering and insults over a chat forum on band topics then subsequently we met for the first time for a Flora Fest in 2007. I could only describe that first meeting as awkward and funny. For those of you who doesn't really know me, I always still do call myself fat, ugly and dumb. So my friend here, was looking forward to meeting a fat female person....and... he met me. Our first face to face conversation at the train station was- ' I was looking for a fat person!' LOL!!!!

Anyway, we somehow kept in touch and till today whilst he is at the other end of the world from my current place, we still kinda keep in touch. The last time we met up was in Dec 2011 (oops, it's been almost 6years! Hey WH, if you are reading this, it's been too long, time to catch up!! =P) but we still occasionally talk via modern technology. I am pleased to know that he is happy and doing well in life. Kudos to you!!

True friendship as time passes by, is difficult to maintain or find. Friends/ pals/ bro or sis from another mother etc that we formed when we were in our childhood or teenage years are so precious as we are as pure as we can be at that time. We are so comfortable with our friends and we didn't need to put on any masks not that I am putting on any now because I am so stupid hence I am so easily readable at work! As we grow older, meet more people, expand our circle of friends/ cliques/ network, we form who we are today but when we meet our old childhood friends, most of us evolve back to our old childish happy self. That is important because that was who we are, the start of every relationship since.

There has been changes in life for the past 2 years, from exams to work to relationships. Talking about work, many people said I was mistreated, a victim to a certain boss. But to me, I didn't find any of those true. To give you an idea, I was a trainee and at my work place, we are attached to a boss for 6 months so last year, instead of 2 bosses, I had 3 bosses. One semi- retired boss who was part time for 3-4 months, then when he officially left, I was attached to a new boss who was new to everything for 2-3 months and the last 6 months to a boss who was THE BOSS. Talking about training, if I were to compare myself to other trainees of my level, I lack in so many ways because instead of being trained like others, my training was service provision, working extra shifts that are lacking cover, lack of 'cutting' time etc. And THE BOSS is a, well strict would be an understatement. You can kinda guess what type of boss that is.

Anyway, prior to working under THE BOSS (TB for short), I was warned that all female trainees under TB cried most days due to the stress from TB. My first day with TB, I was told by TB that EVERYTHING I DO WILL BE WRONG, ACCEPT THAT FACT. I accepted that fact easily because, well, I am stupid and I don't even trust myself LOL. With this mentality, we got on well (I didn't cry so far so all is well) but there are moments where TB can be cross in general (not towards me) but others see it as TB was bullying me. Staff members check on me after 'discussions' between TB and me LOL!!

Anyway, after a year, I got another 1 year extension and my loyalty was tested. Do I move on to another place or stick with this place with a promotion? I was in a dilemma and I could not make up my mind. I didn't want to burn my bridges here and at the same time I didn't want to lose out on a possible better work place. In the end, I chose comfort of knowing the workplace and fellow staff member, security and loyalty over moving to a new workplace. Do I have regrets? No because I am still happy despite working harder and longer hours all my fault to be honest because I love work too much. Today is my first break after working 12 days straight which includes being oncall 61 hours straight. Calculating the hours, I have worked 155 hours for the past 12 days, 1.6 times the hours allowed according to European Working Time Directive (average of 48 hours in a week).

But all is well, I am resting today and I have yet to crash. I shall stop as I can continue for hours and I have other stuff to sort out aka life. So till the next post, take care!

PS: I was at a clinic with a patient and after he left the clinic, he told one of the staff that I am hilarious and can be a stand up comedian. So if I ever become jobless, I know that I will have some audience as a stand up comedian =P

No comments: