Saturday, November 26, 2011

1st snow and 1st foot injury week

I'm terribly sorry for not being as active as I should be here but this is one of my attempts to correct it.

Anyway, it snowed yesterday!!
It was dark and raining when I walked to the hospital at 8.30am, then at the start of ward round, the consultant announced loudly to the patient 'Good morning, 1st patient for the ward round and it's snowing outside.'
After that, I was looking at the window the whole time. Ward round? What ward round?
After about 10 minutes, the snow turned to rain again.
I shall make sure when it shows again, I'll be dashing out and touch it for MY FIRST TIME!!! Wheee....

On the unfortunate 23/11/11, I woke up from the study table in this hospital ghetto and transferred myself to my bed BUT I think my feet were numb and was sleeping as well. I fell in a very very awkward way.

Woke up few hours later with this shooting pain at my right foot and I could not move it at all!!! Got down from my bed and fell on the ground. COULD not stand at all
T.T

I panic!!! For my past 18-20 years of dancing career, I've never succumbed to any foot injury and my 1st foot injury is falling in a room half asleeply. GREAT, such a boost to my dancing career history.

Anyway, after panic much (got to go for ward round in another few hours!), I emailed my friend who we keep in touch everyday by mail and thank god I received the reply 5 minutes later. Was reminded the existence of 'ICE' so I dragged myself to the kitchen, put some water in a cup and let it sit in the freezer, then I dragged myself to my room and put cold tower on the injury.

After the whole thing, my foot became-
UGH!!! Fat and ugly =(
Shoes were tighter and I mastered the antalgic gait!

But yesterday night (25/11/11), I realised my right foot (the uninjured side) is getting shooting pain due to the extra pressure and weight it has been carrying for the past few days and while bathing I noticed my left calf is bigger than the right foot!!! WOW!!!! Great =(