Sunday, September 9, 2012

winking and slavery

Winking
Everyone winks here. At first I see it as friendly but after a while, I find it quite disturbing, creepy and a little perv. The consultants, the FYs and even the porters do so. Like what I mentioned earlier, at first I find them being friendly but at certain occasions, I feel that the wink was not appropriate. It feels very wrong. Maybe I am just bring over sensitive but I trust my gut feel and instinct and they are telling me that sometimes its inappropriate. Shoot me!

Slavery
I have been working like a FY1 in my ward because the FY1 now did not study in UK and he started his FY1 job late due to visa problem. So I have been over enthusiastic and staying late for the 1st week helping him sorting out paperwork.

This week, I got to know a M'sian surgical trainee and I think he told the other registrar about me and since then, the reg in the day has been asking me to tag him and even gave me some basic teaching. Thank god! Because the FY1 is starting to get on my nerves due to his bad habit and maybe a little from the M'sian CT1 who has been kinda constantly saying that he's lousy etc. Typical M'sian right? But anyway, this CT1 studied in Singapore so that made him 90% Singaporean and a M'sian by name and birth but not the way he thinks.

Besides that, the surgeons also allowed me to go theater to assist them! Me happy =)
So basically this week, I have been in the hospital from 8am-8pm. Yup 12 hours without food and salary lol

To be honest, I like the paperwork because it doesn't involve any thinking =P

2nd week in Elgin and I'm still not bored. To be honest, I don't mind working here. even though it's small, it's alright for me. In my ward, I'm quite alright with the nurses (I believe the FY1 in my ward too) but the FY1s in other wards always bitch about the nurses like other FY1s I've known. So it's a very interesting observation =P

I'm going to Inverness tomorrow to surprise JY since it's her b'day =)
Using too much $$ d T.T

No comments: