Saturday, November 28, 2009

Post exam day

For the first time I actually spent my day in the right place doing the right thing after my exam. Usually I'll catch movies (my movie marathon) in cinema and go home or stay at home and read books or play computer BUT yesterday was the best post exam day EVER!!!!

I woke up in the morning...wait, I slept at 4am. Hehehe, I was using the computer because I did not touch the computer for almost 5 days straight!!! So when I woke up, I watched Final Destination 1 and Apocalypto (from my cousie's hard drive) till 12pm.

After that, my mother took all of us to Westin Hotel's "The Living Room" for buffet to celebrate my sister's birthday. My 3rd buffet of the month (4th tommorow at Le Meridien!!) and it was not so satisfying compared to Shangri-la. The Living Room do not offer much main course but they have a frying section (where you choose your meat and they fry for you). Besides that, they serve the normal salad, local food like fried rice and different kinds of rendang, spaghetti, noodles, a few fried stuff... In a nutshell, the food is limited ok!!


That middle round thing among the tables was where the salad section was. See how MUCH it is.

Let's see, besides that nothing much was fantastic BUT dessert was definitely SATISFYING!!!!!!
Quote my sister
"It's like we are at Hogwarts with all these desserts!!"
Yup, I practically filled my stomach up with desserts!!! All the cakes, chocolate, pudding, mousse, ice cream, chocolate fondue, fruits, cotton candy etc. I wonder when will I get Diabetes if this goes on every month!!

Next we were all high on sugar in the car and was deciding where to head next. Pavilion? One Utama? Mid Valley? And I came up with the best idea--The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale!!!!!!! So off we went and I was so surprised when we arrived because people were having BOXES of books!!!

Anyway, when I reach the place, the queue to get in was so loooooooong!!!! Almost 1km!!! (OK, exaggerated a bit but it felt like it!!) So my mother asked us to go and have a look at this other book store (Book Xcess) beside it and I was delighted to find all the fiction books as cheap as RM17.90 and some are even RM10!!! After spending like eternity in there, I bought 2 books
Brother Grimm by Craig Russell
Anthony and Cleopatra by Colleen McCullough

When we left the shop, the queue to get in was short so my mother was like "Let's get in since we're here." So we went in and I was in heaven!!!! Almost all the books were RM8!!!!!!! Dictionaries were as cheap as RM5!!! So we spent another eternity there and I got a lot more books. At first I was kind of disappointed because I can't find any Jodi Picoult's books but the mountains of books did cheer me up a bit =)
Big Bad Wolf Books
The place was so crowded, people were holding boxes and bumping into each other because the space between 2 tables filled with books was filled with homo sapiens browsing at books. I found my Bother Grimm and it's also RM8!!! The disappointment of not queuing up to get a cheaper price!! But there was a few funny scene when I was looking through the books at the non-fiction section. One of it goes like this:

Mom "You buy so many comics?!"
Son (about 7 years old) "Ya, I want!!"
Mom "OK, if you want then you promise me to do 5 pages of sudoku everytime you finish one comic book."
Son "Huh?? Don't want!!!"
Mom "Why not? I want you to be good in figures!! If not, put back and don't buy"
Son "Yer~~~~"

Who said Malaysians don't read?? By coming to this sale, it proves that statement is so wrong and I guiltily wished that there's not much KL-ian and Selangor-ian who'll know this place so that it wont be this crowded =P OK, selfishness is not a good virtue. By blogging here, I hope more people will know about it and go get your RM8 fiction books!!!

This sale is held in Amcorp mall, at the 3rd floor. The books are replenished everyday and it's till 2 Dec so GO!!!! If you want to take the public transport (provided you can carry your boxes home in the train) you can take the LRT to Taman Jaya. Visit www.bigbadwolfbooks.com for more info and GO GO GO!!!!

When we FINALLY decided to go home, we hung out a bit at Popular Bookstore 2 floors below the sale because Mum wanted to get some stationery. While she and and my brother was choosing, I was browsing through Jodi Picoult's books. I want to add to my collection with
Vanishing Acts
Salem Falls

Books are the best present for me =P

Reach home about 8ish (we didn't have dinner so imagine how much time spent with books) and we 3 siblings watched Steamboy, a Japanese anime my brother bought when we was waiting for us at the sale =)

*********************************************************************************
Recently Namewee (the guy who got infamous because he sang Negarakuku) sang about TNB because he was composing his song with the computer when suddenly there was a black out(and he didn't save the file). He called TNB for almost 10 minutes but no one picked up so he rode his bike to the TNB station and was treated badly by the stuff. The video was kind of funny and mom was the one who sent me the video (can be found in YouTube).

I wonder if he can come to KL and "enjoy" KTM's ride then compose a song for them?? I was stuck in the train for almost 30 minutes because of the typical stupid excuse "due to some technical problems bla bla bla..." JEEZ!!!! Namewee...sing about KTM please!!!!!
File:Class 82 KTM Komuter train, Kuala Lumpur.jpg

No comments: