Friday, October 14, 2011

My Neighbour Totoro

I just finished watching this movie, My Neighbour Totoro (I'll continue studying soon =P) and it's so touching.

There's quite a few scenes in this movie which was made in 1988 that reminds me of Spirited Away =)
Well duh since it's made and produced by Studio Ghibli, written and directed by the famous Hayao Miyaki. Can't stop myself from announcing, I just love his movies!!

This reminds me of another touching sad movie- Grave of the Fireflies.
T.T

Both this movies are based around the Japan war and you just got to watch and experience it yourself.

I love Japanese movies because it always hit the right spot and just moves me to tears. And of course the music, definitely fit the scenarios all the time. I wonder how the Japanese do it...
Aaaahhhh, I miss playing the Japanese songs back at band times. Totally love playing them... Dang, now I miss my band life....

For this movie, I envy how the sisters are so close. I know my relationship with my siblings is far from this 'normal' but since I left home, I do think that I am closer to them in a way. I guess the phrase 'distance makes the heart grow fonder' can be applied here but it's so weird because usually it's used in a boy-girlfriend scenario.

Eeuuuwwww.....

Anyway, the bottomline- I just love Japanese movies =)

3 comments:

Horlic said...

I prefer Japanese Cartoon esp Naruto.

jene said...

Hahaha, well, I do watch japanese animes too =)

Unknown said...

can i like it? :P