Monday, November 30, 2009

Selectives - Literature

For my selective, instead of choosing human biology, I chose Literature. We're doing a drama and thesis on King Oedipus. Why did I choose literature? Because I want to choose something different and I have enough studying and more to come in the future so why add more to the list??

Today, it's the best class ever in IMU. For once we were discussing and not being lectured. According to the lecturer, IMU is the only medical school in Asia that offers literature as a selective option =)

At first we were introduced to the disciplines under humanities, then we were given a picture drew by Picasso, short texts and asked to interpret. One of it was a quote
"I don't want living. I want life."
What does it mean to you? How do you see it? How do you interpret it? Another one was
"A Lord and his Lady was going to a ball and knew they'll be back late so they asked the butler to retire early. At the ball, the Lady didn't feel well so head back home. When she reached home, she saw the butler lying on the sofa. She walked up to him, sat beside him and whispered to him "Take off my dress. Take off my stockings. Take off my bra. Take off my panties.""
So what happened next? What's in your mind?? Story will be continued at the last paragraph.

Next, we were asked to leave our seats and go down to the middle of the auditorium and form a circle. Then we were told to walk around and relax while she put some classical music. After that, we were asked to dance around following some random person and that random person will pass the task to another random person when he/she feels like it.

After laughing and being crazy, we were separated into 6 groups and asked to form numbers and shapes. Then we got to play a game called stilt where we start off with a scene (we pause at the position we are in) then the leader will clap and we change position and the leader clap again and we change our position to conclude the story. My group was asked to imagine that we were at the mall so we staged a robbery.

Next, we were asked to pair up and do something to attract the lecturer's attention. I paired up with this tall Malay guy (sorry forgot his name) and he suggested we do a sketch on break up. So he said he'll dump me and I agreed. When it was out turn, I was acting like those dumb bimbo gal being happy with my bf when suddenly he said he's going to break up with me. I turned into the fierce me and I think he was shocked because he never expect me to act like this so he was shocked and didn't know what to reply. HAHAHA...had the fun of my life.

I think I'll enjoy myself this 3 weeks and ya, we will be having a drama production on 16th Dec so if you're free, do come and support us. Most of the lecturers and President of IMU (Tan Sri Abu Bakar) will be there...OMG!!!

No comments: