Saturday, June 6, 2009

Of palpitation, muscle weakness and wobbly legs

Palpitation is the sensation of pounding heart beat =)

I had this feeling again when I saw an old friend of mine from high school just now. My heart was pounding so hard, my whole body was numb and my legs were wobbly when we talked for that few seconds because we were both leaving. Wow...scary!!!

The first time I experienced such feeling was in form 2 when I saw that person walking down the street near his housing area. Every time I pass by that street, I would definitely look out hoping to see someone familiar but I never imagine getting the chance so when that person was in white shirt and while long pants walking on the street, I practically melted on the car seat. My heart was beating so fast due to the shock and I could not even lift up my hands or move my body!! How my body works sometimes really gives me the creeps!!!

The second time was in form 4, in the school canteen when I was on duty and that person was walking into the canteen. We have not been talking for almost 2 years, but do see each other here and there in school. My heart stopped and my legs went weak when we met that time. At that moment, I thought that I might not have let go yet.

The third time was in early 2007 when I met this friend of mine for the first time. Besides palpitation, I know I blushed when we first talked. It's such a funny thing because when we meet again, I still blushed and still have the palpitation, just not that bad =P

After the incident moments ago, I was in the car still feeling weak, reflecting and trying to reason out all this experiences with these different people. I have yet to find out the answer and I am avoiding myself from thinking that I might be having some serious medical problem like heart failure or anemia? LOL

No comments: