Monday, August 20, 2007

ballet

hey people.....
the dance is finally done....
don't know what I'm talking about??
Ok, on 6th of May, I went for a ballet audition....
I thought it was just a way for me to see if I'm up to par...
but all I get from teachers were: no confidence!!!
so I thought, ok, that's it....

then 2 weeks later, I received a call from my ballet teacher...
apparently I was enlisted for the 2nd audition...
o.b.v.i.o.u.s.l.y I was thrilled and excited but scared at the same time....
my teachers encouraged me to go ahead but warned me of my commitments....
I'll lose my Saturday and Sunday's time because of the rehearsals...
so after considering the fact that chances don't come that often and my beloved friends consistently encouraging me to try out....
I end up in the same studio strutting my steps and movements but this time i keep telling myself to dance BIG (that's what my teacher told me---think BIG)...

hahahaha...and on 30th of May I received a letter from the Dance Society!! I am in!! if u read my old blogs...u'll see a lot of OMG!! ring a bell?? yup, that one....

hahaha....ya...rehearsals starting from next month will be on Saturday and Sundays( Liang see la...always don wanna come, see la how to hang out now??!! Hmph!!)
anyway, I'm gonna write down the details....
just a reminder...I AM NOT PROMOTING IT OK!!!

The Slave Princess

a production by The Dance Society of Malaysia

in aid of Tuanku Najihah Foundationon

30th Nov to 2nd Dec 2007

Royal Charity Gala nite: 30th Nov 2007

Venue: Istana Budaya, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur

Time: 8.30pm

"The Slave Princess", an original ballet based in the kingdom of Urak somewhere in Morphosis, where one of King Rubai's 2 sons has to find a suitable bride.(provided by the dance society) (to understand more scroll down)




gala nite invitation on 30th Nov is from RM80 to RM200

invitation for 1st n 2nd Dec is from RM 60 to RM150



cheque to be made payable and crossed "The Dance Society of Malaysia".please write name and address on reverse of cheque.

hahaha...I'll try to find out how to get tickets without using cheques....


this story has 2 acts
1st act at market--- the 1st prince bought slaves for his own use...the brother fell in love with one of the slave and this 1st prince got angry and they fought.
2nd act at palace----in a ball, the slaves dance, princesses dance and donno somehow the slave that was loved by the prince is actually a real princess, she was found by her king and the prince and princess married. happily ever after (of coz except the brother that bought the slaves la)
for more info u can ask me via msn or meet me face to face. ^^


No comments: