Sunday, September 12, 2010

Birthday Surprise and delicious food at Dave's

On 31st August, we (ballet peeps) had a surprise party for one of our ballet friend and it was great!! Now, I never expect anything similar to happen to me but these wonderful peeps just have to make it happen and I appreciate it a lot. Thanks!!

*****

It was a Saturday morning and I woke up early for a jog. Froggie actually asked me to jog with her and I know that sometimes she flies kite so I jogged first. I started at 6.30am and we were supposed to jog together at 7am but she was no where to be seen even at 7.10am so I went home and bath.

Half way bathing, my phone rang and I ignored it because I was still bathing but my phone rang a few more times. After putting on dry clean clothes, I heard her calling from outside so I walked out to inform Froggie that I've done jogging and will not join her and even told her off that it was already 7.30am and she's very late. She replied that it was not her fault but I was confused when she was wearing slippers instead of jogging shoes. I was even more curious when I saw her running towards a green car parked behind my car.

Then at the corner of my eyes, I saw someone wearing black hiding behind the green car and the next thing I know, my ballet teacher came out laughing. She told me she's joining us for the jog and I thought "hah, that explains why she said it was not her fault" then BANG! the whole ballet peeps came out holding a cake with a big JENE on top of it.

They came surrounding me while Van was recording everything with her phone and teacher was shouting something about making me cry or something. It all happened in such a rush that the next thing was, they sang birthday song in front of my house on the road at 7.30am!!

We went into the house and they sang again but this time with candles on the cake. Ate the chocolate cheese cake made by Froggie, Van's potato salad and teacher's egg and tuna sandwiches. It was all carbo!! Luckily I jogged that morning.

Had more cake, potato salad and the sandwiches for lunch while watching House then at night we went to Dave's Pizza Pasta Vino at 1U which serves Western and is famous for it's pork and pizza. Mom's friend brought her there few weeks back and I just googled for pictures and found out that Kenny Sia loves this place too =P

The place was pack and the tables were quite close with each other to cater for the crowd which left me uncomfortable because the girl sitting beside me and my table was exactly like sitting beside me and my table back in secondary school. Noise was everywhere but the only thing that cheered me up was the big mirror on top of the kitchen which was on my right which showed us how the chief prepares his salad and all the food served out.

The guy whose back is facing us is the chef and his face is on the menu =P
P1320741
This is an interview with him.

darren chin @ dave's

We had Caesar salad which contains lettuce, bacon, tomatoes and garlic crouton
Caesar salad
button mushrooms stuffed with bacon, cream and mozzarella chees. Mmm..the cheese just melts in your mouth and the button mushroom just burst and enlightened my taste bud.

Pork ribs which was juicy and yummy. It was served with BBQ sauce, steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes and a few chunks of grilled potatoes.

Carbonara pasta. You can pick the type of pasta you want and the choice of sauce- crushed tomatoes/ carbonara/ olive oil with basil
IMG_7719

Chicken parmegiana was my brother's choice and it's a breaded chicken with mashed tomatoes on it with cheese topping served with mashed potatoes and salad. It reminded me of chicken cordon bleu but inside out =P

This meal was just nice for me, not too much or too little. If you're interested in their pizza, it's worth it because so far the reviews are good and the portion is huge! Look!


There's also baby back ribs, pork belly, pork knuckle and aside the ribs, they also serve lasagnas, seafood platters and sausages and behind the restaurant is a bar. I was kinda tempted to ask my mom to order some alcohol =P

Look closely at the door below the word Tiger. It's a door to

darren chin @ dave's

**Pictures are from google
*****
Yesterday was really a carbo day!!!

For this past week, I have been having self-made salad for lunch. Look!!

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Delicious looking and healthy right? LOL!!

No comments: