Tuesday, November 23, 2010

play doctor and nurse

My sister fell sick on Saturday. Headache after coming back from a surprise party for one of her group of friends which they name themselves Fate. (What??!! I know. Who name their own group of friends Fate?! Well, my sister's group did.)

Anyway, she left at 8ish in the morning and came home at 11ish and she went to bed straight. Woke up at 5ish with bad headache and fever. She felt better on Sunday and we brought her to Jusco because my mom wanted to watch the oh-so-great-Harry Potter (or my mom dragged her out because she was bored and wanted to watch that movie). Anyway, I made mom fetched us home when she looked bad (no HP for mom LOL).

I was made to stay at home to look after my sister and instead of studying, I used the computer to fill up my time (still not feeling guilty and hence me blogging now). Read manga and more watching and listening to Glee via Youtube. Oh ya, we are now using a new modem and the speed is so much faster when watching youtube. Last time, to buffer a 3 minutes clip will take us more than 20 minutes but now, it buffers and load at the same time and it is just so great!!!

Anyway, my sister was better by the evening but my mom insisted on taking her to the doctor and she came back telling me my sister's temperature was 38.4 degree Celsius. Well, at least it's not Denggi the =P

Today, I am still at home to look after my sister and hey I did OK. I walked to the market to buy porridge and food for her. (I don't see you clapping for my effort, hmph!) And then I watched a very nice and touching movie - My Name Is Khan.

This movie is about Rizvan, a Muslim with Asperger's Syndrome who after having his 13 years old step son killed due to racial fight after the 9/11 incident where people started to hate Muslim, traveled to meet the President of America to tell him "My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist".

I kept tearing (and no tissue was around =.=) because it was really touching. This is really a very very good movie. I'll rank it as high as Forrest Gump. Besides, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol (in my humble opinion, is the best on screen couple) were my long lost favourite movie stars. It has been a long time since I watched a Hindi movie (not since my kakak left) and I'm loving every minute of it.

I was just reading through Wikipedia on this movie and under controversies at the airport securities, Shah Rukh Khan actually went through what the character in the movie went through because of his Khan (apparently a lot of Muslim has Khan) and even though he was an international superstar, he still went through such unfair procedure. I love this line in wiki "American actor, Christopher B. Duncan who portrays President Obama in My Name Is Khan, also commented on the incident stating: "I was very disappointed with what SRK experienced at the airport. We’re living in times where the levels of fear can sometimes spill over into paranoia. Here’s a man who is an international superstar, being detained for an excessive amount of time at an airport in the United States. It had to be very upsetting for him. Imagine Oprah (Winfrey) being detained at an airport in India for a long time, during a kind of interrogation."

No comments: