Friday, September 19, 2014

Amazing birthday celebration

Well if you have been following my blog, you'll kinda get the gist that I am not good in birthdays or celebrations. Ever since I came to UK, my birthday celebration, or no celebration has been something I got used to. To me, if there is just someone that actually remembers it, I will feel so happy. If there is a celebration, it'll be a bonus.

This year, I had a great, amazing, fabulous, mind-blown birthday!!

I met up with my 2 ex-housemates and we went visiting England together and had our (belated) birthday celebrations. It was really nice and I was so elated =)

After exam, went for a 2 days course which was really fun!
Then off to meet up with 1 ex-housemate at Glasgow where I finally had a taste of good Asian cooked curry. Next, we went to Lancaster to meet up with the last ex-housemate.

The 3 of us meeting up was really something I never dreamed of or something that will happen in reality. To be able to be in the same room, breathing the same air, talking, teasing, laughing together and catching up was so surreal. I couldn't believe that it was happening. (cue for tears)

The next morning, we went to Liverpool and oh ya, it was my birthday too. The suite that we stayed in was WOW!! Seriously WOW and luxurious expensive too but it's worth it!! And for the first time after a long time, I got myself something expensive as a present. To be honest, it was something like a memorabilia for this amazing trip. Oh ya, we had tonnes of coffees and cakes too.

Then we went our separate ways. I went to Manchester to catch up with another friend who came all the way from Aussie then I nearly couldn't catch the train went to Chester and met up with the 2 of them again. The thought that 2 of them had some bonding session without me really made me giggle like a silly person =)

Chester is a really nice town and after a night of boring horror movie with ciders, we bid it goodbye to travel to Windemere. Lake district is beautiful and after hours of feeling sick in the tour van, we bid goodbye to each other for real this time. It was sad but all good things must come to an end.

I stayed overnight at Glasgow and we just lazed around watching TV and having our favourite food- Indomie =P

Back to Aberdeen, the house was cold and dark (current housemate was on night shift) and I felt so lonely. It was not a great feeling but it passed very quickly because the house was dir-to-the-ty. Oh gosh!

Anyway, I am thankful, glad and very appreciative to have such amazing ex- housemates who were so patient and so tolerant with me. Being together for 5-6 nights without any tension really showed how comfortable we are with each other after 2 years of staying together. The laughter, the lame jokes, the ninja style selfies, the inside jokes, the trust among us is really something that is so difficult to re-create with anyone else. For the first time, I didn't count or care how many wishes I got this year too!

Thank you for everything, I miss you guys already =/
I wonder if such trip can happen again?

No comments: