Friday, September 5, 2014

Sad day

Just got news that one of my patient who was transferred from CCU to ward died yesterday. It has been a long battle, RIP

Then I found out the pt who's DNACPR form was signed by me last Sunday before my 4 days off, died the next day. Haven't found out what happened and how he passed on but it's so sad. At least he's not suffering anymore.

2 deaths when I'm not on, I don't know it's a good thing or not. It's either I'm holding on to them for too long, prolonging their suffering or it's just their time to go.

But isn't it kinda coincidental that they both died when I'm not there? Maybe I am thinking too much =/

One of my friend's status on FB today
'When your patient you've worked so hard to keep alive for 2 months tells you he'd rather die, it suddenly puts everything we do into perspective. Health is so little about being alive, but having life. Something we do so poorly sometimes.'

Really reflects today's news =/

RIP

No comments: