Friday, November 16, 2007

EXAM RESULT

Well, sad to announce but my sister only managed to grab 2 As. I got to know only when mother called to ask me to get my own dinner. My mother's version of story ~~

They went to D'Fortune (at Menjalara) to have some western food for dinner and left me in hunger. Like usual, sis was complaining and blaming her teachers for not teaching well, friends always disturb her and her list goes on and on and on....then after ordering their food, she continued with her blaming act then suddenly burst out crying, She was so sad because she actually expected herself to get 5 As.

So sad and pitiful when I heard the story. My mother told me in the car when fetched me home from work. I can't imagine that scene, that moment of her crying. She cried as in `WAH~~~` like a baby or just tears flowing down her cheeks or what?? Because I always tell my sister never to cry over silly things and maybe well, thats why I can't imagine her crying. Anyway, when I reached home, she was like usual sitting in front of the television watching the Korean drama on NTV7. I went in my room, put my bag down and joined them. Only then she told me " Jie, I only got 2 As". I said~ ya I know. Then we just kept watching the drama silently. After a while only she started her "scene" again----there that stupid xxx teacher lor, donno how to teach....that stupid xx always talk in class so noisy....etc...

Do you remember how was your result released? I remembered very clearly. It was in the afternoon, I went to school early like usual and went to my classroom. We standard 6 students have our own classroom and was not sharing with the other morning session students. When I reached my classroom, it was empty (duh, I said early ma) but a few bags was around. So I sat down and open the cupboard (I had the key because I was the monitor), took out some books to return back to my classmates...

Suddenly, a few of the bag owners came back and when they saw me they got excited. Honestly, I was not excited at all and I think I sort of forgot that day was result day. Anyway, they were talking too fast and I didn't bother to follow or catch whatever they were talking about until I caught my name in between of their conversation. I asked them to slow down and what they replied was" faster go to the office, everyone is there!!!"

Off I ran and reached the office which was already full with parents and students not forgetting teachers and staffs. I was quite famous then because I was the unique one in school--a Chinese who can speak better in English and Malay and thus the office is like my second classroom because the teachers like to ask me to go to the staffroom or office to do this and that. Anyway, when the teachers and staffs saw me, they quickly look through the long list of fax paper that was still in the process of printing out the results. At that moment, I can actually hear my heart pounding in my chest. I WAS SO SCARED, NERVOUS and EXCITED at the same time.

Out of the blue, a cold hands grabbed my shoulders and I knew it was my best friend. She was with her mother, and she looked pale too. "HWEI JENE....NG HWEI JENE.....WHERE ARE YOU??!!" shouted one of the office staff lady, Puan Amin. I was so scared till I couldn't make a sound. My best friend's mother answered for me instead and the next thing I heard in spite of the loud noises was~ TUJUH A!!! Yup, a solid 7 As!!! Straight As!! I was OMG!!! Then her mother asked about my best friends result because her name was close to mine and Pn.Amin's reply was~~ TUJUH A JUGAK!!!

3 of us just ran down from the office and when I turned to my best friend, she was crying!! There were tears in her eyes and she was soo happy!!! Funny part was her mother was holding her fist up and telling every tom, dick and harry that her daughter got full As!!! It was so touching and happy and that moment was indescribable. The next thing that happened was well, like usual, she called her father, brother and all the aunts that was related to her while I stood aside and enjoyed my moment of success (alone).

When I was standard 6, my mother and father was working. I went home with school bus. I called my parents only when I reached home and the conversation between my mother and I was~~

me-------ma, I didn't get any a.....
Mother---really ah?? hahaha.... never mind, u tried your best already
me-------(silent) No la, I actually got 7As
mother---U sure ah? don lie lar...
me--------..........really lar
mother----hahahaa...is it? good lar

Yup, my mother always see me as someone who is stupid. Yes, S.T.U.P.I.D. or D.U.M.B. She well, always say I'm a slow learner and bla bla bla thats why she was shocked that I got a better result than my brother (he got 3As ONLY). Only after my PMR only she started to realise I'm not smart but hardworking. Yes, still stupid but hardworking. Sad?? Nah, it's my motivation to study hard and get a better result.

Few days back, I was talking to Jac about failing our papers. It was after our small Mechanics test that is held every Tuesday. I actually started to fail papers in this semester (Mechanics 2). Previously my worst paper in all my studying life was Chemistry in form 4 during our Mid Year Exam. I was clueless about Chemistry and guess what I got for my exam? 41!! Yes, a forty one. 2 more marks to fail. But thanks to friends who lend me their tuition notes, I did better. I DO NOT TAKE PHYSICS FOR A REASON!!!!! And thats why I do not like Mechanics, its mostly about Physics!!! Curious about my Physic result in secondary school?? Form 4 mid year and finals and form 5 mid year result was 56,57, and 58. Yes, a graduate 1 mark increase in each paper but thank goodness I went to tuition and scored an A1 for SPM mock.

I honestly never believed in tuition. I actually looked down on people who wasted their parent's money on tuition and get results worse than me. I hare people who went to those tuition centers that give tips on mock exam. I really really despise them!!! Especially during mock papers, they just rely on those tips and only studied those parts and sit for the papers. I was really really very happy when the result was released because those who studied according to the tips did very very badly because the teachers changed the questions last minute. Hip Hip Hooray!!!

hahaha, ya, I'm being mean. I'm sorry for not updating for the past week because my bro sprained his feet and has been hogging the computer.
To compensate back, let me show you the slave princess's rehearsals pics. It is private and confidential ya. AND DO NOT LAUGH AT ME!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slave_princess/sets/72157603194340027

1 comment:

illusion said...

super long time din read your blog
walau eh
so long
so many stories inside
but you never tell me during our duty times.
wat la.....
thats why i always jene you are smart
straight a's
geng,
hon way a, i fail already a!!!
i still remember i get cheated with these kind of word
haha!
come out with a. haha
thats the hwei jene i know !