Sunday, January 3, 2010

juniors =)

This morning, my dad wanted to have dim sum so off we went for our branch/ lunch. We usually go to Eden and I have a junior who has been working there for a few years.

He was form 1 when I was form 5. Sadly, he left the band after I graduated because I was not there to "guide" him (so he said). Anyway, I have not been to that Dim Sum restaurant for months so when I stepped in and he saw me, he ran (seriously ran) to me and said he has lots to tell me!!! So after getting us a table, he came to me and told me:
"Wah last time you very geng, took care of the whole big band alone. When you asked us to be quiet, everyone will shut up but after you left the presidents all can't control the band like how you did it."
and he smiled. As to why he suddenly talked about band was still a mystery. Maybe he saw them practice recently?

I was shocked because I did not expect him to tell me these stuff because I've left the band 5 years ago (it's 2010 already!!!). It suddenly dawn onto me that maybe I was THAT fierce last time?? So I asked him and he said:
"No la, you got your own way ma."
Then he left because the boss called him.

A waiter came and served us but my mother being a fussy pot complained loudly that the food was not steaming hot so that waiter called another waiter to come and serve us but still the food was not steaming hot. My dear junior came and asked if I wanted to change them (mom was talking to dad OR didn't hear OR she's gone deaf due to old age =P) but I didn't want to trouble him so I declined BUT he insisted and he brought all the steaming hot dim sum to us. Mother was very pleased. He said:
"For Jene, got special service and treatment one. Just ask for me ok?"
and he left to serve the other customers. Almost every 10 minutes he'll come and check our table. Haha, boy did he made my day =)

Later when there was less customers, he came and talked to me again and consulted me about his decision in studying Psychology. Of course I encouraged him and all but he was doubtful as he is not the study type (he is the lala boy type LOL). Anyway, before leaving we exchanged phone number =)

**
**********
**

I really love it when the juniors (band/prefect/clubs) approached me and tell them that they remember me. Many months back at the KTM station at 10ish pm, I was walking back home through the dark alley when suddenly one of my prefect juniors who was form 3 when I was form 5 approached me from behind and reintroduced himself to me. Of course I remembered him because he was under my zone before. Or the other time while waiting for the bloody late KTM, another school junior approached me and we ended up abusing and conspiring on how to boycott KTM lol.

Every time I go to the late night market aka pasar malam or at the restaurant near my school, I'll observe those VCD/DVD sellers or boys of those kind because I am hoping to meet this gang of guys who I made friends back in form 4 when I was a prefect. I really really hope they do well in life and didn't turn bad/rotten.

No comments: