Sunday, April 11, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon =)

Let me say this first....
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!


Ok, I just came home from watching "How to Train Your Dragon" and I am still feeling good. The last time I experienced the same feelings was after watching Transformers in 2007. OMG!!! I really really love this movie!!

I TOTALLY feel for Hiccup (The main character) especially the emotions between the father and him. I don't understand why some parents always think that they are always right but this time, Hiccup got the chance to show the father that sometimes they (the parents) are wrong too. Shame on the father when he got angry with Hiccup when he being himself aka unique aka weird and how dare he said "I don't have a son like you!!" (later at the end he said he's so proud to call him his son...BOO~~~)

Anyway, watching Toothless, the Night Fury Dragon reminds me of Spritzer because there was one scene where when Hiccup offered him food, he sat down just like Spritz when he sees us with food, he'll automatically put his bump down on the floor. Or when Toothless refuse to share food with the little dragons and growled, exactly like Spritz when we take his "possessions" such as his cloth/blanket or food, he'll growl at us and give us this look. There was this scene where I laughed the most-- when Astrid was forced to ride on Toothless by Hiccup as he wanted to show her that Dragons are nice, she was skeptical and Toothless sensed it and hence he teased her by flying violently (Quote Hiccup: Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile). It was so funny because just like Sprit, he can sense the lies we tell him especially when it's bathing time. LOL!!!


I love this show because it consist of family values, bravery, how not to feel depress when you're different, how to treat your pets in a proper way and learn to stand out in your own way. Everything was in good proportion. Not too much of romance or self pity or stubbornness, you get what I mean. Oh ya, I forgot to mention-the dragons in the movie somehow act like dogs. They wag their tail, sniff, growl or are loyal. Look at Toothless!! Love him =*

For a music lover, when I watch a movie (of course this does not apply for action pack type) I listen carefully to songs because in my opinion, songs/ music are the one that provide the movie the flow that is needed. Here, I can say that the music is fabulous!! Right music at the right time and for the right mood. Well, just to mention another few movies where the music and sound effect was great was in 2012 and Avatar =P

I'm sure it'll be better if I watch it in 3D so maybe I'll watch it soon, again. Did I tell you how much I love this movie? I was laughing real loud and the noisy kids (half the cinema was filled with them even though it was a night movie) did not ruin the movie too because I was too engrossed in it.

How to Train  Your Dragon

The last part was a little sad because Hiccup lost something similar to Toothless. It's so so sad but having to hear him say "This is Berk. It snows nine months out of the year, and hails the other three. What little food grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here, even more so. The only upsides are the pets. While other places have ponies, or parrots... we have dragons. " just makes me feel less sad. (PS, this is the last line for the movie)



Voices for
Hiccup- Jay Baruchel
Stoick/ Hiccup's father/ chief viking/ head of Berk (the village they stay at)- Gerald Butler
Astrid Hofferson/ Hiccup's love interest- America Ferrera
Gobber/ Viking trainer- Craig Ferguson

The heavy Scottish accent (except for Hiccup and the teenagers) reminded me that vikings originated from Scotland. Gerald Butler and Craig Ferguson have a very thick Scottish accent and I loved it!! After googling, only did I discover that they're Scottish men!!

Evidence for being a VERY good movies:
Rotten Tomatoes reports that 98% of 141 professional critics have given the film a positive review and it has a rating average of 7.9 out of 10.
Metacritic which assigns a weighted mean rating out of 0–100 reviews from film critics, the film has a rating score of 74!!

Oooo...I love this movie!!! I love this movie!!! I love this movie!!! I love this movie!!! I love this movie!!! I love this movie!!! I love this movie!!! I love this movie!!! I love this movie!!! I love this movie!!!......I can go on and on and on BUT I got to sleep....to good night =)

2 comments:

Kotsuki Saiin 古月彩韻 said...

Hi, I Love this movie too =D!!!
LOVE IS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kotsuki Saiin 古月彩韻 said...

it*