Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A lone ranger

As you know, I'm staying out alone, somewhere. Anyway, I went for house searching at those websites and found a lot of houses and rooms so I emailed them and I got 4 replies. Out of this 4, I went and viewed 2 and this 2 houses are so different.

One was a house, staying with the landlady who is an Indian and looked fierce (and very religious, everywhere was Jesus's pictures). Even though the house was kinda small and lonely looking (when I went into the room that I might be staying, I felt so lonely and depressed), it's cheap and near to the hospital (about 10 minutes walk) and the co-operative store is 5 minutes away.

The other was a flat like the one I am currently staying at. I will be sharing with another 2 students and one side of the room was full mirror like my ballet school! So it made the room looked so big LOL!

This 2 place has it's own uniqueness and I can't compare because it's so different. Price is just about 10-20 pounds different!

I talked to my seniors on my way back yesterday and the news spread and just moments ago another senior called and asked if I'm interested in sharing a house with a FY1 who is from IMU but studied at Dundee but coming here for her FY1 (housemanship) so another option for me. Then one of my batchmate who is from KL but started her 1st year here also offered the room in her house and she was worried of me staying out alone. The reason I didn't feel like staying with her was the distance from her place to the hospital is around 20-25 minutes walk. Winter time, walk I die lar...

Today I woke up feeling a little blue. I didn't dream like usual so I have no idea why I felt so sad. Read back what my dad wrote to me at my facebook and I teared. After skyping with my mom, I teared again. Went to uni, came home and skyped with dad and after that teared again. No, it's not homesick. I just feel like crying but instead of bursting out with tears, my tears just flow down slowly...

Listened to Sara B's Gravity and totally hooked on to it.

PS: Yesterday (and today) the wind was crazy! It stopped me in my tracks and even managed to push me backwards! I was crossing the road half way when the wind came and push me back to the middle of the road! The traffic lights turned green but I was still struggling at the middle of the road and eventually I ran and leaned forward and fought the wind!! The drivers must be laughing in their cars.

PPS: I asked my mom if I put on weight and she said no. Then when I said I finished half a packet of pasta (Yes, I can cook) she said I fat. Latter when I asked my dad if I'm fatter, he answered that I looked old =.="'

Feeling a lot of love from seniors and friends =)
Touched but somehow, I don't want this type of feeling. I am greedy, I will want more. Better stop receiving before I crave for more..

PPPS: Jon, faster come so we can find house together...

No comments: