Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Deleted post

Well, a senior called and was concerned about my previous post which I deleted yesterday.

It brought me back to sem 1, where I blogged about the Orientation and somehow some seniors found out about my blog and a few of them warned me quite harshly about the things I wrote yet I did not delete any post. I was worried, scared, angry that they'll track me down and 'bully' me during the orientation by making life difficult for me and my group mates but thankfully nothing happened.

So why delete that post then?

I realised that my blog is a place for me to rant and write about things that happened in my life. For some of you who didn't know, I have a diary which I write daily so sometimes when I managed to get hold of my diary before the computer, I'll rant through pen and paper. I guess it's quite impulsive of me to write things aka facts/ feelings/ emotions/ thoughts that run through my mind at that moment but it's called ranting for a reason right?

Sorry peeps, I guess having people around me finding out about my blog makes things difficult for me to rant publicly so I'll just rant at my private blog or in my diary and update this blog with random stuff...

*********************************************************************

Edinburgh trip was very very fun! Going around with a map and google map at the hand is so much fun!!
We went to the Castle, museums in the castle, Scotch Whisky Experience, bars, Hard Rock Cafe, gardens and I went to the Art Gallery by myself. I was trying to improve or should I say, instill some artistic value in my right brain LOL. I find the paintings very interesting but sadly, the gallery closes at 5pm so I only had 1 hour to look through which I barely covered 1/4 =(

Now I know that I like to go to museums and galleries so if I were to go down South aka London, I know where I'll be spending time =)

A few selected pictures below. More on FB.

Reached Edinburgh, 1st thing my friend brought me to was--> BAR. I had my 1st ale (beer without gas)
 My coach bed. Well, it's FOC for me so no complains =)
 Edinburgh Castle
 My failed attempt to 'hold' the trumpet. A lot of other tourist were watching >.<
 Pimm's O' Clock. It was nice and refreshing with cucumber, strawberry, orange and mint leaf in it
 My 6Oz rump steak burger for 3.99 (original price 7.49)
 Tickets to Edinburgh Castle and Scotch Whisky Experience
Diageo Claive Vidiz Collection (3500 unopened bottles)
Whisky tasting (highland, lowland, Speyside and Islay) 
Free Glencalm Glass (the glass we used for whisky tasting)
 Hard Rock Cafe

 Charlotte Square, a designated UNESCO World Heritage site
 Starbucks
 Naional Art Gallery
 In the gallery
 Scott monument
 Scott monument
Princes Street Garden

After a fun day, went home by train but on the train I realised that I was surrounded by people drinking alcohol! The man sitting in front of me was having a sandwich with red wine while another guy at the next table was drinking his 4th bottle of beer just after departing half an hour ago! The aroma of alcohol was so nice though LOL

Reached Aberdeen station at 11pm and it was raining heavily. Walked home under the heavy rain and was very very wet and soaked when I reached home. Bathed and unpacked and used the computer till now (2.45am) so time to zzzz...night!

No comments: