Friday, April 20, 2012

Ello =)

Wow, blogger has a new look and I just found out that this is my second post in 2012. Shame on me, sorry peeps who occasionally dropped by here to check for updates.

Well, things are OK here. Suddenly I have this feeling to blog so here I am. Well, I'm currently feeling a little sad. Why did you ask? Because I'm having a week off and I won't be seeing my group mates for a week.

For this block, I managed to know my local friends and became kinda attached to them. Long gone are the days where I was with the other 2-3 Malaysians in my group. No doubt having them in my section is beneficial but I always have the idea that since I'm here in UK, I should make friends with the locals and learn their culture but having to be in the same group with my other Malaysian friends are not helping at all.

Let me give you a break down. The whole 4th year is separated into 9 groups for 9 blocks. Each block, there'll be about 16-20 peeps which would be further divided into 5 groups so you'll be with 2 or 3 people for that whole 5 weeks (1 block consist of 5 weeks for 4-5 different departments). That whole 16-20 peeps will only meet for tutorials. Anyway, for my 1st block, I was with this Malaysian who started her 1st year here. For my 2nd and 3rd block, I was grouped with one IMU-ian and another Malaysian who started 1st year here. But for my 4th and 5th block, I was at Inverness with 2 other guys who I am kinda close with now. Then for my 6th block, I was alone because we were in our GP practice everyday.

Finally for my 7th block, I managed to 'infiltrate' the locals because the IMU-ian I was with went to Inverness with the other Malaysian who started 1st year here. The 2nd Malaysian who also started 1st year here was sick and stopped coming altogether. Hence, I got to really know the locals and now, for my 8th block (where we were not put into small groups) I would say I am very comfortable with my whole group mates. Joined them at the pub (1st time at pub at night), joined them for pizza sessions which I took lots of pictures and ate a lot (whole 13.5 inches large Domino pizza all by myself + extra 2 slices from the free pizza + homemade scones + lots of cakes). Totally enjoyed myself. Sometimes, I think I talk too much =P

For this block, we were to make a presentation or role play on a genetic disorder. My group got Haemophilia and I was with 2 guys and 2 girls and we all had great fun acting and mocking the genetics week LOL!! I guess because of the time we spent together practicing, watching nonsense youtube videos together and having lunch together as a whole big group made me kinda attached to all of them so I'm feeling kinda sad now since I won't be seeing them for a week.

Going to Edinburgh with my 2010 part-time job colleagues later this Sunday and organising a senior-junior party this Saturday.

****** Going to start ranting so be ready *******

This party was supposed to be organised by the IMU 4th year peeps but wow, I am the only 4th year apparently because no one in my batch did anything. The only thing that one of them did was, pushing the responsibility to me. Wow, you got the call from the senior but you called me instead and told me that the senior hinted that we need to organise the blardy party. Wow, you are at Inverness and you can't organise because you are so far away. Wow, it's so difficult to go to facebook and create an event and invite all the seniors. Wow, it's so difficult to call the cafe and order food. Wow, it's so difficult to manage from Inverness even though you come back here every other week. Wow..... <.<

Seriously, no one is really helping here. It's an event organised by the BATCH not just me. I don't really mind organising but at least when I ask for opinions via messages, you guys can reply but Nooooo, it's so freaking difficult to type a blardy message. Fine, I'll make the decisions but I swear, there bound to be complains during the party. Just you wait. I've braced myself for it and I am going to be pretty pissed off if they complained about things that I have asked them for their opinions but let's just wait and see tomorrow.

Alright, got to start studying soon since exam is round the corner. I wonder if lots of drama series and manga will help me pass my exam just like for my mocks....should I take the risk?? Hmm....

No comments: