Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weirdest dream EVER!!!

I spent my last week (after exam) sitting in front if the computer reading manga and playing online games.

This week onwards I plan to finish the 2 new books I bought the other day and maybe reread Harry Potter. Anyway, I am 3/4 into one of the books and I guess I'll finish it off by today if I can find time (Ballet 9am-10.30am, 5.30pm-7pm and 7pm-8.30pm).

This book is Rebecca's Tale.
First edition cover
The main story is set about 20 years after the death of Rebecca de Winter and follows the attempts of the former magistrate Colonel Julyan to uncover the truth behind her enigmatic life and death, with the help of his daughter Ellie and a mysterious young scholar. There is also a "prequel" section that reproduces a journal that Rebecca wrote shortly before she died.

The other book which I have yet to start is Jester by James Patterson and Andrew Gross.

The jester is Hugh De Luc, an innkeeper who the comedian Jackie Vernon would have described as "poor but poverty stricken;" in a moment of bad judgment, he joins the First Crusade. Sick at heart and disillusioned over what he experiences and witnesses, he returns to his village to find it laid to waste, his inn destroyed, his infant son --- whom he never knew --- murdered and his beloved wife, Sophie, abducted. The instigator of this carnage is a ruthless Duke who believes that De Luc is in possession of a priceless religious relic. De Luc, seeking revenge, disguises himself as a jester in order to infiltrate the duke's court, where he believes his wife is being held. He is aided in his quest by an enigmatic young woman named Emilie, who has more to risk by assisting De Luc than he can imagine. But that is not the only surprise that awaits De Luc. He soon finds that his quest for rescue and revenge will take him to places far beyond any he could have anticipated.

*************************************************************************

I was walking at this place which I have no memory of. There, I met my mother and I was holding a box of cake. Surprisingly I celebrated her birthday there and we were surrounded by books so I assumed we were either at a library which allows food or at a bookstore.

I went out to throw the used tissues when (Guess who appeared....*Drumroll*) Chan Chee Yong!!! appeared. I was obviously flabbergasted but we had a nice long chat which I don't remember where my mother went while I ended up in his house. I was shock to learn that we were at Australia so I was thinking to myself...I PMS-ed to Australia then. Oh well....

Next scene, my mother and I were at the beach and we were at the rooftop with a bunch of Aussies. The place there was like a baseball field but the field was replaced by a lot of sand and the sea. There, I saw (*drumroll*) Joo Hor, Chee Leong and another few gals from my high school which I know but don't know them. (I know there were from my school, my batch but don't remember which class or their names.) They were sitting opposite me and like usual Joo hor just acknowledged me and they went off. I was thinking to myself, maybe there were all from Sunway College.

Next, another unexpected person appeared!! Teoh Zhen Khai!!! We had a short chat and the feeling ZK gave me was he was rushing off so we didn't talk much. Suddenly my alarm rang, and I woke up...

*************************************************************************

Weird weird dream!! Gah, of all people to appear in my dream. Don't ask me why them because I don't know and only recently (This year) I learned to dream, before this I always had dreamless sleep. I blame Rebecca's Tale because the story revolves around the beach. I guess I'll just continue with Rebecca's Tale then get ready for ballet.

PS: I bought The Sim2 game BUT I CAN'T PLAY!!! T.T It's in DVD while my desktop has a CD drive and my brother doesn't allow me to install the game in his laptop T.T

1 comment:

Esther said...

hahaha, i love weird dreams... it's when your imagination goes wild... yesterday, i had a dream of how i was playing the violin so beautifully... haha, then i woke up just to realise that it was most probably because i left the classical music to play.. hehehe...