Sunday, January 13, 2008

bad memories...

When I was in standard one, I have the concept that everyone MUST be my friends so I was nice and friendly and good and bla bla bla. I achieved my goal till one day one of my classmate(XX) sort of got jealous of me. Usually I'll get close to those females who either sits beside me or behind me or in front of me. So, I have this best friend who sat in front of me.

XX got jealous of our friendship and started to bully me(Me, BULLIED??!!!). You see, she has this big brother in standard 6. Being in standard one, you were small, shy, tiny, little and those standard 6 people was like tall and huge giants and I always felt they have this power to overcome this short tiny me. Anyway, when her jealousy got into her, she would threaten us and sometimes raise her hands to slap us. In the end, my best friend and I avoided each other when XX is around. It was so obvious that most of my classmates noticed this change and tried to help. Imagine all this happening when we were 7 years old.

I remembered her brother actually came and met both of us (best friend and I) a few times but I forgot what he said to us. I just remembered the fear that crept into me. My other classmates offered their help by sacrificing half of their recess time to find us a hiding place to hide from XX's brother during our recess. Yup, they found hiding places such as the valley behind the canteen, the empty classroom that is only used during holiday, the empty field that said to be haunted, toilet(they guarded outside) and places that were smelly(the dump site). This occasion lasted till I was standard 2. By then I was fiercer and braver because her brother left school!!! Well, XX became"tamer" too.

I recalled playing with her while waiting for my mother after school ended. When I went up to my mom's car, I pointed to her and told my mother
~Neh, that gal lor, she always bully me and scold me. Some more called her koko to scold me
Then the next thing I know, my mother stopped the car beside XX, wind down the window, and said
~ Eh, you always bully my daughter ah? Next time I call headmaster then you know.

My mother was cool!! But that was not what I thought then, I was shocked and scared. I thought I will lose a friend!! I was actually angry of her because my mother was working in CIMB and she's always not at home and taking care of us was my kakak's job. So, I can say that our relationship were not very close then.
But true enough XX became nicer and she was practically "licking my shoe"!! Well, like Harry Potter's ending--all well, ends well...

When I was in standard 3 I went to the second class(I was in the 3rd class in standard1 and 2, told you I was not smart) while XX remained in that class, lost touch with her, made new friends and by standard 4, I was miraculously transferred to 1st class where everything changed. Made more new friends and became prefect, monitor, band conductor and trumpet player by standard 6. Everything just went my way, but one thing for sure that haven't change a bit. My maths and Chinese language was bad.

Being in the first class, we must achieve at least 80 marks and I always fail to do so because I always get 35/50. Which means 70 marks. Even during the gathering that day, one of the topic we talked about was this. Mdm.Tan still remembered hitting me with her cane(typical Chinese school) almost everyday because of this 2 subjects. I was seated quiet near to the teacher's table so usually I am the 1st to get caned. 1 cane each for 2 marks, meaning I'll get 5 canes when I get 70marks. Anyway, it was a big shock for all of us when I got straight As for my UPSR. Chinese and Maths--A!!!

Back to XX. Each class will have prefects picked by the teachers. 50% from the 1st class, 40% from the 2nd class, 30% for the 3rd class and you figure it yourself OK. Anyway, XX was chosen as her class's prefect. When we meet during duty, I would usually walked right pass her ignoring her completely. I hold grudge. And I have a good memory mind you, so never do anything hurtful towards me. But at my age now, I actually still sort of dislike her even though it was years ago. I am trying very hard to let go but every time I look at my primary school's year book, it just came back.

Sometimes, bad memories will never go away, it'll stay with you forever....
My standard 6 class picture...spot any familiar faces from previous post about gathering?
My band picture taken when we were in standard 5. Spot Tze Seang? Told you he yawned!!!
And this baby is?? You make a guess....

No comments: