Monday, January 7, 2008

"Old Friends New Year" Gathering

After blogging last Saturday, I received a few messages asking if I'm going to the gathering. Its actually a farewell party for Mun Ee, a primary school friend. I planned not to attend based on a few theory
1. I don't think I have anything to talk to those old friends
2. It'll be separated into groups and each group will have their own topic
3. I'm broke
4. I'll be bored
5. I need to study

So at night while having dinner with my family at the nearby restaurant, few called up to persuade me to attend. Yes, in the end, I went because an old friend, Tze Chooi who migrated back to Alor Star was back in KL for vacation. We were close friends and I actually went up to AS to visit her few years back and an opportunity to meet her without the need to travel far made me attend the gathering.

At first, my mother who was so confident that she knows the gathering venue wasted 15 minutes turning round and round to look for the shop called One Station. At last, Tuck Seng my buddy (knew him since standard 1) came and rescued me. Anyway, the first person I saw was my class teacher for primary 4,5 and 6---Mdm.Tan. I took a seat beside TS and the next thing I know was I'm talking non-stop for 3 hours to everybody.

What shocked me most was when I started chatting with Mdm.Tan. She has problems with her daughters. Apparently her eldest, sitting for SPM this year is quite bad in studies because she is too involved in her scout activities. Her younger daughter whose English is not that fantastic is also having problem with her studies. Why was I shocked?? I came to the conclusion that teachers can educate students but not their kids. I suddenly recalled her youngest daughter (also studying in KB) telling me that Mdm.Tan has insomnia. Sad right??

Since I was late, a few friends tried to bully me by asking me to name all the people who was there, one by one. Thanks god my memory did not fail me, especially when it came to this gal where everybody had hard time recalling her name. When she heard me speaking her name, she was so overjoyed that she stood up and hugged me. People really do like it when you remember them (so don't you dare forget me!!). Ya, a few KBians were there too, I think was just coincidence.

About my theory, it seems that number 1,2,3, and 4 did not happen but 5 really did happen because by them time I reached home, it was 12.45am. Do not misjudge me, it is my 1st time staying out this late but you can't blame because I need one of them to fetch me home and they did not want to leave. Anyway, by the time I reached home dad and mom was sleeping while sis was watching Shark Tale on TV3.

And you know what? I did wake up at 7am and attended the puja (prayers session) at temple just like what I promised. I walked the talk!!!! So proud of myself, and since I did something that I write here, I'll tell you guys another thing--I'm skipping McDonald for this year. I'll only allow myself 4 times of McDonald meal this year. I'll keep you guys posted if I ever have a meal, just to keep track.

Now, I'll let the pictures do the talking

Everybody who came for the gathering. The gal in grey is the gal leaving. Mdm.Tan sitting beside me. Spot any familiar faces?

jing yi and hui san. I have no idea why I took this picture. All I know was, "Eh, I haven't take picture with you, come come!" and there I was stuck in the middle.

My buddy and close friend, Tuck Seng and Tze Chooi ^^ (Tuck Seng looks retarded here..lol)

We were one clique in primary school, another few in not in this picture. Notice the 2 guys in white shirt? Boy they look so blur. Standing from left: Khee Leong, me, Tze Chooi. Below: TS and Jonathan(Son of my standard 3 English teacher who actually spoiled a chair by sitting with one leg, since then called him cho lan dang in Cantonese)

Guys and gals. Guys from left: Tze Xiang (Tze Chooi's cousin who is also in the same class), TS and Khee Leong. Gals from left: Hui San, Jing Yi, me and Tze Chooi.

The guy at the far right is Wei Liang-one of my group mates. Recalled how I used to bully him last time even though he is so BIG. All acting crazy except Tze Xiang

In this picture, we were suppose to act normal and smile but Tze Xiang always do the opposite. If I have the time I'll upload my primary school band picture where you can see everybody lined up and posed like a discipline school band and there Tze Xiang was yawning away. Honest, what we can see is his big wide mouth and his body.

With our beloved Mdm.Tan. Actually we were half way telling her how to make her daughter study when Jing Yi suddenly said:" come, let's take pic!!"
All the gals. Wondering why I always have the chance to sit?? Because yours truly was the class monitor. LOL!!! The gal that everybody couldn't remember her name is standing behind me in black shirt. From left standing: Jacqueline Tan, Yee Lee Ling, Hui San, Jing Yi, Tze Chooi, Joey, Seow Ying and Mei Woon. Seated: Mun Ee, Mdm.Tan and me.
The guys. Standing from left: Tuck Seng, Wei Liang, Yau Cheong(the boy who is quiet and unfortunately sit with me in standard 4), Khee Leong Tze Xiang, Jonathan and Zhi Huan(funny guy who always act cool). Seated from left: Siu hoe(not our primary school classmate but is a KBian), Jian Yi(the guy who called himself The Rock in primary school), Karl Fei (he was a shorty but grew taller, the guy who sat behind me in standard5 and 6 and love to grumble and swear bad words..lol)and Gee Kit(the guy who sat with me in standard 5 and 6 and love to joke a lot. We have a lot of secret words that are just so funny.) Scroll up to the first pic and spot the guy in red sitting beside Mdm.Tan, he's not in here because he was actually working there. Apparently they purposely went to that shop to see him. His name is Kee Swing.

Everything went well, and I believe 10 years down the road we'll still know each other and remember each other (I will, hopefully you too). Friend from HELP, I'll never forget you guys too!!! I miss you guys lots....

No comments: