Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Unexpected Friends

Seriously, I have been spending a lot of time thinking instead of revising whatever I need to revise. Ever since I enter my uni, I am no longer the same girl everyone knew back in secondary school and even college. I used to spend my entire day trying my best to please everyone and be their best friend. I used to hang out with a group of friends, laugh, study and have meals with them and the thought of being lonely even for a second just kills me.

And so I thought.

Since I started uni life, I have been experiencing a lone ranger life. I could not find my clique of friends among that hundreds of fellow batch mates. I spent my time alone in the library trying to remember as much information as I can so that I can secure my place in this course. I was depressed for the first few months which worsened when it was exam week.

Surprisingly after spending 2.5 years, I actually found friends that I am comfortable with. Although I no longer spend time in a group, spending time with this few friends really was one of the best time in my uni life. Each of them have their own quirkiness and those quirkiness made me love them more. Besides, I don't need to pretend and put on masks around them.

Back in secondary school and even college, meeting friends at the mall and hanging out with them outside our school/ college was something I have never done before so I expected myself to have the same experience when I enter uni and during my first year, that thought became a reality. When I enter my second year, that reality blurred a bit because of the true friends I've made.

I am so glad that I found them after all the depressing months. Hanging out with them now just makes me cherish them even more.

This post is for you girls who made my uni life so much fun.
I miss you guys so much =(

No comments: