Thursday, December 2, 2010

pissed

I got to sit for IELTS, AGAIN!!!

Why am I angry? I don't really have a clue. Maybe I just want to have no exam stress for this break? Maybe the exam fee is just up the roof? Maybe I just want to get pissed with something?

Seriously?? Coming to this uni, we need to sit for IELTS and MUET. After 2.5 years studying in English and speaking in English, how bad can our English evolve to? Well, apparently some IELTS officers or someone or someTHING just figured that if English is not the first language, then their English sucks and we need IELTS to determine and proof how sucky are they. Oh wait, there's another reason. We need your money to boost our so-not-very stable economy compared to years ago and make you poorer. We will be nice and kick in some complementary increase in the exam fees and wait for it, we will make sure that IELTS only valid for 2 years. We are so nice to you-non-English-as-first-language people.

Fine, it was stated that IELTS only valid for 2 years when I sat for it back in 2007 but I never hear any of my seniors sitting for IELTS again!! It's so unfair!! Why can't they just let my batch be the last batch to enter UK without a valid IELTS?? If it's because some seniors who suck in English start propagating the idea that our English is really down the drain, then thank you very much. You ruin my week and weekend and you should just die.

On a lighter note, the sem 5 just finished their exam and I can recall how I felt when exam was done and over. Wait, I don't really remember but ya, I kinda recall, or not. I can't make up my mind. I'm just so distracted with the not-so-new-news-to-others-but-still-new-to-me news.

I'll admit that my English is not very good and I'm just an average Asian girl who can speak English well enough to survive but not cool enough to chill and take the exam like some English-is-so-not-a-subject type of homosapien. Alright, I'll admit it, my English sucks and I was hoping to silently blend into the background and never speak a word of English if I have the choice but hey, I speak English and people understand so I'm not that bad, right?? Oh ya, the IELTS officers, someone and someTHING just reminded me, I am a non-English-as-first-language people.


Just releassing some anger and steam here. If you so happen are an IELTS officer, someone or someTHING, don't take this personal. This post is purely fictional (anger and steam is not though, sorry) and you should not be reading this.

No comments: