Tuesday, December 25, 2007

dilemma and mom!!!

Merry Christmas and a happy 2008!!!

Ya, its a joyous month and people are having HOLIDAY but most of us here are having STUDY BREAK instead. Notice the difference?? Holiday is one word and it means having to do whatever we want as long as we enjoy ourselves. Study break, is 2 words and it means people can do whatever they want but you are stuck with your books because you need to study!!!!

I instead of studying, have been rereading all the Harry Potter books. Yes, ALL!! Before that, I was indulging in another few books. Noticed, its books and not notes!!! My finals, 3rd semester's A level exam, the last exam before I officially finish my a level is starting on 11th of January. What have I touched lately?? Hmm....NOTHING!!!!!!

Yesterday on Christmas Eve, My family (including my brother) went shopping at Low Yat. Actually, the guys went shopping, my mother, sister and I were sitting at Coffee Bean reading. My mother with her Law book while my sister and I with Galaxie....yes, GALAXIE and not notes!!!!! Later at night, we went for dinner (without brother) and the topic resurfaced. Its not abnormal nor normal that my dad sit down and talk about my future. Yes, he repeated himself, he does not have fund to sponsor my studies in medicine. Next thing he said was :" Next year my tour group will be lesser because there's this lady who is getting quite popular...." His hint was quite obvious right?? My mother on the other hand keep encouraging me. I'm stuck in between. Should I continue and keep my stand firm in studying medicine or should I start looking for other options?? Loan is something that I can apply, but I do hope I can get scholarship. Difficult but will try. But should I still stick to the plan of studying medicine??

On 22th of December, my mother had her convocation. She completed her 4 years of Law. The convocation was held in Times Square Hotel and it was predicted to end by 5pm, stated at 3pm. Surprisingly it stated sharp at 3pm (I thought will start at typical Malaysia's time) and it ended by 4pm!!! It was so short and the speeches by the college's principal and the ex-judge was short!! But ya, we were proud. Bet you do not have a 50 year old mother studying and graduating eh =p
my mother wearing her robes
asking our opinion if she looks good
with her classmates
MY MOTHER!!
my mother and bro
my mother and I and sister

Next, we went and hang out at Times Square before going to Crowne Plaza for buffet at a cafe called Planters' Inn.
Food was great but not much choices. A few pictures.....
cheese!!!!
desserts!!!!

Well, I had about 15 plates of food and I end up puking in the toilet. Just joking, I was so full that I could not move. Guessed I've lost my ability to actually eat big amount of food.
I'm so mighty proud of my mother because I have a Law graduate mother!!!!!

**pictures courtesy from my brother's blog

No comments: