Wednesday, December 19, 2007

movie marathon

Woke up and decided to go watch movie. Actually last night my mom was announcing she desperately want to watch The Golden Compass so I flipped the newspaper and the TV showed I Am Legend's trailer so my sis and I said we want to watch that movie and ended up planning our timetable.

11am--I Am Legend
2pm--The Golden Compass

So we woke up at 10am, quickly got ready and went to Metro Prima Kepong. Yup, we went according to plan.

I Am Legend

This movie is the first some sort of horror movie that I watched in cinema because it was very exciting and I can feel the adrenaline rush through out the movie. I can also sense my mother who was sitting beside me shouting "what am I doing here torturing myself!!!" My mother banned us from watching horror movie because she feels that it's not worth the money to get scared and "torture" yourself just for the sake of the movie.
~This movie is about a Colonial who was immune to a virus and became the sole human survivor in New York. He being hopeful will go to the port to wait for any other survivor after broadcasting his existence through the radio (AM) everyday. His only companion is Samantha his German Shepard. Anyway, this virus at first was a cure for cancer and it was doing well for few years hen suddenly those who was under the medication turned wild like had rabies. Anyway, these virus contaminated human always bite and kill. In the end, after 3 years he found the cure and ....you watch and find out. Highly recommended to watch in cinema because of the sound system and all. Scary part was he trapped one of the Dark Seekers to do research for the cure and when he......suspense....read all about it at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_(film)

The cinema is located on the top most level. After the movie we had 1 hour to spend so we went down to level2 for food. At the escalator down, I saw a familiar guy at the piano selling booth. He was wearing a extra big Grey t-shirt and jeans. Well, this time he did not tucked in his shirt. I went and stood beside him hearing him asking the seller some stuff. When he saw me, he smiled and said:" You again??" Hahahaha.....
Had a bowl of hot noodles and off we went for the next movie.

The Golden Compass

This is a typical fiction story. Sort of reminded me of Narnia and Harry Potter. Anyway, my mother wanted to watch this show badly because apparently the big commotion just like when Harry Potter got famous is repeating itself. They were saying all these witchcraft stuff are polluting the minds of (no offense, just writing what I read in newspaper) Christian. My mother is worried she would not have the chance to watch if the government decided to ban this movie. Anyway, the story is different from the book.
~ Started with the kids and Lyra the main character playing around. Then Asriel (Daniel Craig) came into the scene talking about Dust. Then Lyra went and stayed with Mrs.Coulter (Nicole Kidman). Escaped and got to know that her buddy Roger got kidnapped. So off she went to the North to save him and rejoin her uncle, with her war mates and well daemons. These daemons are animals that share the same soul as the owner. You hurt the daemon, the owner gets hurt too. Anyway, the golden compass is a compass that tells the truth and only certain people can read this compass. Bla bla bla.....read all bout it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Compass_(film)

My brother got a new laptop which I am using now. At last a screen which is full and colourful!!! Yipee!!! Now I can browse through all the pictures that I missed. Yup, I wasted the whole day at Metro Prima and ya, here too but well, sad to say this but I think I did not get accepted to IMU because the acceptance letter were released on 15th Dec and so far no letter for me yet. But I received 3 Christmas presents already!!! Compensate back whatever I've lost......

No comments: