Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Suspected H1N1

Anyone of you were more alert about your own hygiene lately or have been avoiding crowded area??

Well, I bet most of you did nothing particular to be more cautious because I did not really bother too.

UNTIL

I got a call from my ballet teacher stating that there's a girl from another ballet school who has been confirmed having that virus. Problem starts because all the ballet students (including my ballet school) who joined the end of month ballet concert has been going to that small studio for rehearsals and that girl went too even though she was having high fever!!

Why am I so worked up??

BECAUSE

My sis is involved in the rehearsals and she has been contaminated. If she (touch wood) gets the virus and start having influenza symptoms, I might be having high risk of contacting it too since my sis and I share the same room and I am having my elective in the hospital that has H1N1 patients!!!

Reality hits me and suddenly I am worried. Something I thought would not happen to me might be happening and getting worried now is too late!!! OK, I am not that anxious already but I am sure taking more precautions!!

You guys out there, take care!!!!

I wonder why is the government not shutting down all the schools.
If A is suspected to have the virus, she will be quarantined at home. (Before she went to the clinic/hospital, she has been sneezing and coughing in class and in the public). The parents and siblings lead a normal life, going to work and school and public places. When A confirm having the virus, the whole family or only A gets quarantined BUT the family (and A) who have been contaminated has been spreading the virus unknowingly. So I wonder, how good can the quarantine program help in reducing the spread of H1N1??

Haze is getting worse too!!!

My only car at home just broke down and I wonder how am I going to the hospital tomorrow!!

Bad day... =(

1 comment:

Steven said...

aiya H1N1 is nothing 1 la..i totally dun get the fear n horror surrounding it.