Sunday, August 30, 2009

Daorae

Last night, my mother decided to bring us to indulge in good food so I suggested Daorae because my 1st time there was good (and it was FOC thanks to RG hehe). Our first choice was Desa Park City's Rakuzen, a Japanese restaurant but it was a Saturday and it was 7ish so the place would be packed hence my suggestion =)

Let me introduce you guys to Daorae a bit. It's a Korean BBQ Restaurant and what I love about this place is the refillable Ban Chan aka side dishes and free food they provide. We ordered 4 types of meat and a bowl of cold noodles and they gave us a free Korean pancake and fruits and rice tea which tasted like barley but extra sweet.

Besides the food, the service there is good too!! They help you BBQ the meat and even joked around and the way they do things are just so professional that makes you really enjoy yourself. They bow and greet you with "안녕하세요" (An nyoung ha seh yo) when you walk in and bow you out from the restaurant with "감사합니다" (kam sa ham ni da). Well, I did enjoy myself and I really ate to my satisfaction even though it was just my 2nd time having a Korean meal (It's really an advantage to have someone familiar with korean food to order for you =)

The branch I went was the Kepong branch and for your information, the famous TVXQ came to this specific branch for their meal!!!

Picture time =P
korean bbq

They use this to BBQ so this is the real authentic BBQ style wei!!
korean bbq
One of the Ban Chan - Kimchi
korean bbq
The pork, waiting to be BBQ-ed
korean bbq
Wrap the meat with this lettuce, add some sauce and the spicy and crunchy fresh green shallots and stuff it into your BOG mouth. YUMMY!!!!
korean bbq
The spicy and crunchy fresh green shallots =)
korean bbq
The free Korean pancake!!
korean bbq
The cold noodle, I think is some cucumber something. I forgot, I just know that it was weird to have cold noodles but I guess it's really cool and refreshing if you eat this during summer (I don't know how hot or cold is the summer since I have not left Malaysia before).

The 1st time I went with Jayne, San, RG and KF, we were at the 2nd floor where we sat on the floor like this picture.
1
For those who didn't know who TVXQ is =)

Anyone want to try Korean food, this place is highly recommended!!!

No comments: