Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Birthday Story

OK, basically my this year's birthday is WAAAYYYY better than last year which was pathetic and depressing. I'm going to make this post long hence I'm going to make it into 3 parts =P
Before that, the people who wished me thru sms are :
Karamdeep Singh, Yik Jing, Alicia Thooi (called), Jonathan Chew, Shwu Yi (band junior), Daddy , en Yann, Pei Jun, Seow Tong, Bro , Thamarai, Jacq, Noel, Agnes, Wan Hoe, Chui Hua, Afiq , Bee Ching, Kim Tian, Jo Yee, Jo Ann, Nirmal, Ric, Ken Loong, Su Shan, Hooi San, Hao Tian, Jayne, Edmund, RG (smsed and called), Han Liang, Meng Yean, Reza and Lai Thin(called)....

Thanks so much!!!!!!
There's more at FB but like what Jon say those are not that significant =P Anyway, Thanks a lot guys =)

*******************************************************************

On Saturday aka my birthday eve, Jon and I went to Times Square. KTM was so reliable that we met up about 1.5 hours later than the original time. Before that, in the train that was sardine packed, I actually asked (nicely) this (about form 4 or 5) couple (they were talking and laughing so loudly and was touching each other YUCK!!) to stand up and offer their seats to this mother with 2 young kids. The kids were so tired and the younger one wanted the mother to carry her BUT the mother is already carrying a heavy bag and I bet she's fasting too!!! So I asked that couple to let them sit. The boy stood up right away while the gal was "where got young kids??" So oblivious to her stupid surrounding. Anyway, I don't know why I felt hot and I think I blushed after asking them, so embarrassing. At KL Sentral where they got off too, I saw them trying to avoid me, so funny.

Met Jon at KL Sentral and he didn't want to take the monorail so we took cab instead. Did I tell anyone that I don't like taxi drivers because they are creepy?? Yes they are and I rather walk than to take a cab alone. Reached Times Square and had Papa John's. Jon was supposed to treat me the meals for that day but instead I end up paying and treating him as his belated birthday present =P
Papa John's serves Pizza and Jon wanted to try because this restaurant is his dad's franchise and it's from his homeland America. The set that we ordered comes with spaghetti and ice lemon tea and the pizza was normal (Domino might taste better), so much for his dad's restaurant. After the meal, I had my 1st Krispy Kreme. The first bite (I tried the glazed) was OK but after that, the sugar tasted like our local Malay kuih's sugar, the VERY SWEET type. Yer, so not nice!!!

Walked around and got the Big D earrings for Thama and then we had Wendy's which was another disappointment!!! Gosh, the Caesar Side Salad Jon ordered was a pathetic salad. the picture looked nice but when it was served, there was only the green lettuce and shredded Parmesan cheese on top. Where's the bread?? Yer!!! I ordered the Spicy Chicken Sandwich and I can tell you that McD's Spicy Chicken McDeluxe taste way better. Anyway, the food for that day suck big time. We talked and talked and I laughed and laughed recalled all my old memories back in high school and primary school and we left TS by 5ish.
This is the Salad and the description stated that there is fresh-cut romaine and shredded Parmesan cheese, pieces of real bacon with creamy Caesar dressing on the side. Where got romaine and real bacon??!!!! CHEATER!!!

*********************************************************************

On my birthday, woke up, washed up and went to temple, came home and catch up with my studies. This is my normal Sunday routine so I can tell you that my birthday was not my birthday except that I was forced to follow my mom to 1 Utama in the afternoon to accompany her buy new work clothes. It was so boring!!! A friend actually called and chat with me thru sms but was oblivious that it was my birthday LOL. Anyway, following someone to shopping is not a fun thing to do and it was so boring!!!!!!

Went home at about 6.30pm and Alicia Thooi came over to pass me my present and we talked for a while coz the IT guy who's doing the research for me on laptop aka her BF got to rush off and Alicia got to go back to Kampar. After that, went for dinner and my mother called my uncle and aunties along. Only my Uncle and Aunt from Selayang knew it was my birthday, the others was oblivious. I got my 1st ang-pao-as-birthday-present from them and then that dinner turned out to be the normal family dinner. I was so bored again and actually was kinda tired.

Went home and then only I felt happy because my mother bought my 1st ice cream cake from Celicakes and the ice cream is from Haagen Dazs (Flavor-mocha almond fudge)!!! It was fantastic, delicious, nice, superb, indescribable!!! I'll uplaod the pictures later.

And my birthday ended just like that. Nothing much...

***********************************************************************

My Blabbering Thoughts
Seriously, I feel that birthday is just overrated. It's just the day you're born into this full of suffering world. Maybe it's because I don't really celebrate my birthday but of course it would be nice to. Compared last year's birthday and this year, there is definitely improvement as I was practically in tears the whole day last year and hence my phobia towards my birthdays. My ideal birthday would be to do the things I want to do the whole day without any disturbance such as staying at home instead of following can-never-make-up-mind mom to shopping.

I definitely envy those that really enjoy their birthdays and I positively know how my future birthdays are going to be. Ya, I'm 21 and I'm supposed to be more matured and bla bla bla but hey, age and personality do not correlate at all so I'm going to be the same me. Honestly, while shopping with mom, I was dreaming the perfect birthday I want and the whole time planning that perfect birthday, it did not occur to me to include friends. Ya, not even my best friend. That perfect birthday was just me doing the things I want to do. Sad right?? The no-friends-no-life me is gone and disappeared.

*****************************************************************************

There are some things that can't be say out loud but I think I can quote Jon
"You don't like your family huh"

Maybe...or maybe not....

Have a great year guys....

No comments: