Monday, March 7, 2011

Taking the Lead = A Lot of Hassle!!!

As most of you know, I was somewhat a person who was in charge of many things back in higher primary school and high school. So after 6-7 years of leadership, it has kind of ingrained into me to take charge of things. For this trip for my studies, I thought of helping around so I emailed and get to know the other 9 students who are going with me. Everything was fine until I discover that people are so fickle minded and so relax.

I got my UK visa in early Feb (some of the 9 haven't get their visa and we got to fly before 10th April!) so the next thing I got to settle is the flight ticket BUT since the university is arranging transport for us from the airport to our rented flats, we got to decide on a day and fly in together. Somehow, the JPA sponsored students misheard that we're all flying in on 3rd (Sunday) so they called the JPA and told them to book their flight on the 2nd.

Problem?
It's a freaking Sunday and UK people are very particular about this. Will they work on a Sunday? I doubt so. Why on earth Malaysia mostly show American dramas? Isn't it great if they show us some UK dramas so that we can learn and know their culture too??!!

OK so if they can't provide us transport on Sunday, my friends and I will fly in on the 4th but will they fetch just 2 or 3 of us?

OK so if they can provide transport on Sunday, how are we going to take the flats keys? Will the uni hold it for us but the uni is not open on a Sunday!! So we bunked in with seniors? They don't even stay at the same place!! Imagine having a tug and war with our 30kg luggage (I shudder upon thinking about it).

Why the hassle to get the flight ticket now? BECAUSE the fuel price is increasing and the plane tickets will increase at least freaking 25% by tomorrow!!

For the moment, the price is RM2500 on the 2nd/ RM 2200 on the 3rd via KLM so if there's a 25% increase, it'll be extra RM500-RM600!!! Woah!!!

Now if only JPA can reply to the JPA students soon and hopefully the uni can reply my email before 5pm because we got to book the tickets before 5.30pm!! ARGH!!!

My uncle scolded me for taking the lead. He told me I should be selfish and just care about myself but I can't! It feels so wrong to be selfish and ignore the others who need help. He scolded me stubborn and said that I'll suffer and feel disappointed soon but honestly I know, I have been through it but it doesn't mean I should just stop helping people and be selfish. I believe out of 10 times, I'm sure I'll be appreciated once and just once is good enough for me =)

PS: A piece of better news- my chest x-ray only cost RM30 =)