Friday, June 29, 2012

Flight cancelled??!!!!

Right, how am I feeling?? Honestly I was not really looking forward to home but after this whole hiatus, I am just feeling very very tired.

I don't know why since Tuesday (slept at 3am, woke up at 6am!!) I have been sleeping for 3-4 hours. So even if I sleep at 12ish 1am, I still wake up at 4ish 5am. And it's taking the toll now because I had a bad tension headache yesterday which lasted forever.

Anyway, back to the whole flight cancellation story.

I stayed overnight at my friend's place after having dinner with my old and new housemates and friends because of key issue. Left house at 3pm for the 5pm flight but we got a call from our friend at the airport who was supposed to fly at 2pm at around 2.30pm telling us that all flights are cancelled.

My friends were like 'NOOoooo' while I was 'erm OK'.....so when we arrived, we were glad that we were allowed to check in but at 4.35pm, I got a text from the flight company (bmi) stating that our flight is cancelled. We were in denial so we just ignored and sat for another 15 minutes before we went to the board to check. Right, 5pm flight to Heathrow- cancelled.

So we exited the departure hall and went out and what greeted us was a long queue of homosapiens all looking frustrated. Went to bmi service counter and queued for almost 2 hours. At the meantime, we made friends with the couple in front of us who took a 3 months break from their B&B work to travel around and their this flight was to South Africa!!

When it was our turn, the best news that the lady at the counter could give us was- earliest flight to KL is on Sunday because all flights to KL are fully booked.

Anyway, after a whole hoohah (my head was just pounding away so I didn't speak much), we finally decided to fly out on Friday (in case the fog sets in on Sunday again) and stay at London for 2 days then take the Sunday night flight home. BUT my friend wanted compensation so we are now trying to get a free accommodation aka hotel at London  Honestly, she has lots of friends and even an aunt at London so we actually have no problem with accommodation LOL

Took the taxi (again!) and went to my friends place and we had Indian food at 10pm while watching TV. Slept at 12am and I woke up at 4ish am!!!!! ARGH!!! I want to sleep longer!!!!!

Just hope that I won't have a bad headache later and I have no idea why, I'm having bad car sick!!!

Hmm...looking at the bright side, I can now travel and spend time at London....POTO musical, here I come!!!!

No comments: