Friday, October 8, 2010

Appreciated

I had a great day =)

I started off my day with an episode of House, did some puzzles in the car, going through the normal routine at office and suddenly my assistant manager appeared. She was supposed to be on leave for this whole week but she came back earlier.

While I was helping to wrap 30 boxes of presents for the reporters in 16th floor (there was a press conference about the change of ownership), the AM came and started pouring pine nuts, walnuts, butter almonds and plums from China on a piece of white paper (reminds me of sinseh) and tell me to enjoy it. It was so sudden and I am not used to her being so nice because she usually is very quiet and don't talk so much to me.

Anyway, had my lunch, an apple and finished the stuff she gave me while reading manga. Then I continued with my crossword puzzles while waiting for time to pass. At about 3ish, the AM came and silently passed me a box of nougats!! I looked at her and all she did was "shhh" LOL!!!

Walked to mom's office in 25 minutes time. Best record so far and continued my crossword puzzle to 7pm, felt like watching Moonlight Resonance so watched through my hand phone TV and I was so lucky because that was the conclusion episode!! Fell asleep at 8.30pm and finally mom finished her work at 10.30pm. While watching the TVB drama, had 2 pieces of chocolate chips cookie and a packet of meiji biscuits. Hence, that was my dinner.

Anyway, it has been a long time since I last felt so light on my feet =)

****************************

This office's staffs are like food distributor. Anyone with food, they'll go distributing it among us. Previously, someone bought some fritters and started walking to each table and go "try try, it's nice." Then there was fried pineapple from Indonesia, chocolate muffin, fried lotus seed from Vietnam, a lot of kuih raya etc. Every time, there is always food to share and it feels nice. Feel like home =)

****************************

The other time, a staff who I replaced was leaving the next day and the whole team had lunch together. They even invited me who was there for a week and I ate for FREE!!

There was extra Hari Raya chocolate biscuits (the one with almond in it) and one of the staff gave it to me for helping her sorting the insurance certs. Hehehe

***************************

16 more days to go and I'm free!!! I think I'm gonna miss this place. I have been here for the past 4 months mind you!! =)

No comments: