Saturday, October 30, 2010

My last day in corporate world

I woke up this morning feeling so sad =(

Yesterday was my last day of work. After getting treated lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday, I got a small gift from the receptionist on Thurday. I got this
Then on Friday morning at 9am, Kak Dina presented this to me and it's from the whole department

I actually suspected it because on Thursday, she went around whispering with the staffs and one of the staff gave away. After a few exchange with Kak Dina and while Kak Dina was walking back to her own place, that staff suddenly said "my daughter said S-D is not so cold, some what like Genting" and hence I suspected that they'll give me some winter related stuff. More over during Tuesday's lunch, Kak Dina already asked me what I like, accessories or clothes etc LOL
I can't help smiling the whole day after that =)

The winter scarf is so cute and the things that the staffs wrote in the card are so nice. I've got that same huge lollipop from my DM ages ago and so happen Thursday was her birthday too!! Gosh, I miss them so much now.

On Thursday night, I actually prepared some small gifts for them and I slept at 2.30am after finishing everything!!! I was dead tired but it was so worth it!!
I prepared the cards
Then wrapped up the chocolatesand tadah~~
So during lunch, I put them on their respective tables while they were not around and after that, I got even more gifts which include
2 ducks from a staff which I rarely talk to a small purse from Lee Tenga wayang kulit thing from Indonesia and a box of nougat from my Assistant Manager
I've finished the nougat though =P
and a box I am so touched and felt so appreciated and a few staffs even keep asking me to prolong my contract and keep saying "janganlah pergi". One staff actually teared when I said my goodbye. Aawwhhh...
The staffs at 9th and 10th floor were so shocked that I was leaving so soon and they were so nice as they keep giving me hugs after shaking my hand =)

I am never good in saying goodbye and instead of feeling sad, I was actually really happy the whole day! When I returned my tag, the HR staff also commented "wah, so happy leaving us ah?" LOL even her head department which I only said hi a few times also came out from her room and said loudly "where is that leng lui who is leaving us? Don't want to shake my hand ah?" Gosh, I felt so awkward because she acted like so close to me when I don't even know her name.

Oh ya, the CEO actually called me into his room and talked to me. Asked me why am I leaving them so fast when I'm continuing my studies next April etc. His PA/ secretary/ senior manager also asked me into her room and told me to keep in touch and if I need anything, she has family at UK that she can ask them to help. So sweet right??

When I was waiting for the lift, the CEO came and waited for it too and we actually had our second conversation in the lift LOL.

OK, I actually felt really really sad this morning hence I went to my email and spread my miss-yous to them and after that, felt so much better. I was even hyper in ballet class which starts at 7am!! Hahaha

Well, I thought corporate world is all about politics, gossips and back-stabbing. This working experience really changed my mind. Maybe because I'm just a temp staff but hey, they love me!!! =)

No comments: