Friday, January 21, 2011

My first laptop- Thinkpad T410i

Well as most of you know, I am as noob as I can be when it comes to electronic stuff such as laptop and I have been on a hunt for one that suits me since last June. What was important to me when it comes to laptop are

1. International warranty which includes UK
2. at least an intel core i5
3. 4GB RAM
4. 500 GB Hard drive
5. Below RM3000

So I was deciding on a HP Pavilion but when I went to Low Yat to get it, the dealer recommended the Thinkpad T410i-2518 instead. Ya, it's a Lenovo brand (China brand) but it's an IBM product. When I heard that it's an IBM product, I wanted to hear more because IBM is a brand that can be trusted (in my opinion) and it's a pioneer when it comes to laptop (Toshiba comes next).
I was more convinced when he told me that the military uses it and it's sturdy and he even proved it to me by dropping the laptop on the table. Then he explained to me that this laptop is shock tolerance and it has anti-glare because it has LED-backlit and is spill resistance (not like I'll pour water onto the keyboard =P) and has 3 years on-site warranty (Includes UK warranty), have a noob friendly reformat function (don't need to find people to reformat for me at UK), great wifi reception (I used it at night for a while and my brother came into my room and asked me to stop using the wifi because the speed for downloading his games at desktop went VERY slow lol) and the speakers are beside the keyboard so it's loud and nice enough to watch movies without headphones.

It was way higher than my budget (extra RM1300 after discount) but the specs was good and has a lot of cool techno-pro features like ThinkVantage System. My mother who was with me encouraged this purchase so I handed my hard earn RM3000 as deposit while they prep my laptop for me. The dealer also gave me a laptop security cable lock, keyboard cover, laptop cooler, lenovo bag and a choice of wireless or optical mouse. I also bought a Trustport Antivirus which cost me RM80 (original price RM100).

Overall, I'm happy with this purchase BUT I HATE THE KEYBOARD COLOUR!!!! Look...
With blue, black and red, what a horrible colour mixture (especially the Enter key!!) but the keyboard cover kinda reduce the ugliness so it's better now.

Well, for more info about this laptop, I'll list down some specs and stuff.
Built-in Devices--> GPS, ThinkLight, Wireless LAN antenna, Stereo speakers, Cellular antenna, Bluetooth antenna, SIM card reader
Embedded security--> TPM1.2. security chip, fingerprint reader
Weight--> 5.3lbs
Width--> 13.2in
Battery technology--> 6-cell Lithium ion
Supported flash memory cards--> SDHC Memory card, SD memory card, Memory Stick Pro, memory Stick, MultiMediaCard
Display Type--> 14.1 in TFT active matrix with LED-backlit, Anti-glare, max resolution of 1400 x 900 (WXGA+) with widescreen display
Input Device Specs--> Multi-touch touchpad, spill-resistant, TrackPoint, UltraNav keyboard
Warranty--> 3 years on-site warranty
TFT Misc specs--> Intel Active Management Technology, Power-on password, ThinkVantage Active protection System, Security lock slot, hard drive password, Admin password, ThinkPad Roll cage
TFT Camera Specs--> 2Megapixel
TFT Software Specs--> Microsoft Windows 7 pro, ThinkVantage System Update, Corel WinDVD, Skype, ThinkVantage Power Manager, ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery, ThinkVantage Access Connection, Adobe Reader, Roxio Creator Business Edition, Roxio My DVD, Norton 2009, ThinkVantage Toolbox, Microsoft Research Autocollage Touch, lenovo online Data backup, Adobe Flash Player, Fingerprint software, Lenovo password manager, Windows Live toolbar
Processor--> Intel Core i5-520/2.4GHz
RAM Specs --> 4GB DDR3 SDRAM

For more specs review, click here.
For review, you can click here.
For a Youtube review, look below or click here