Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Red day

This morning went to Pusat Bandar Damansara and renewed my passport and the whole process (manually) took me about 1.5 hours only!!! Dad wanted to pick me up but he was stuck at the jam so I decided to take the bus to KL Sentral then train home. While walking towards McD, I saw the Donate Blood poster so I figured since I'm there, why not.

Went around looking for PTPK building (the venue) like some lost sheep but thankfully a guy who was promoting passport picture taking approached me and assisted me. Found the place and walked up. It was filled with staff from the building and MAHSA students. Registered and prayed hard that I am not anemic. Passed the blood testing station and went for the BP station. My BP was nearing Hypertension's reading. Blame it on the coffee that I had 5 minutes ago at McD.

Next, wait in line to get a place to drain my blood. Previously, it only took me around 10 minutes to drain 300ml but this time it took me longer. Later only did I found out that I donated 350ml!! Waited and rested for about 5-10 minutes while putting pressure on my antecubital fossa. Then went to get my refreshment and cert which was randomly lying around the refreshment table. (At least Hospital Seremban's Blood Donation Drive at IMU provides cert with your name printed on it, such cheap skate =P)

While sorting out the food provided and inserting the cert into my file, I felt a gush of warm liquid flowing down my arm. I looked at it and saw that the plaster was red, blood was leaking out and dripping on the table and my jeans!! The lady sitting beside me paused and just stared at my arm with her big eyes. I approached the nurse and was cleaned up. They gave me a whole bundle of alcohol-soaked-cotton balls and asked me to sit down and apply pressure on it again.

To avoid losing more blood, I raised up my arm while applying pressure on the punctured hole for almost 5-10 minutes again. Once a while I checked my capillary refill because I noticed that the distal ends of my hand was turning a little cyanosed and it felt cold (self perasan? LOL). Anyway, I got a new plaster and was asked to rest some more but I left because I felt cold.

Asked for direction as to where to take the bus and walked to the bus station. While walking, I felt a little light-headed and was worried that I'll pass out in the middle of the road so I slowed down my pace but I just felt weird. I guess the adrenaline released due to my fear made things better and I reached home safely =)

Oh, I should have went and visited HELP staffs. At least I saw the old red HELP bus climbing on the slope. (so old still haven't change tsk tsk tsk)

The old (with the cut out triangle) and the new which I got it within 1.5 hours
My bloody jeans. There are more at other place, lazy to take pic =P
The antecubital fossa with the new clean non-bloody plaster. Notice the blue-black (hematoma)?
Don't look too bad here but pain when I pressed on it.
Cert and evidence that I am healthy enough to donate blood =)

Almost everything red (getting the CNY mood?? Nah...)
-red passport
-red blood (duh)
-red HELP bus

You should go donate too if you have the chance =)

No comments: