Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 3 at home

Yup, it's day 3 since I left the fridge and went to an oven. Had a long but interesting flight home thanks to that guy from New Zealand who talked to me about anything under the moon LOL

Right, what have I done so far?

JETLAG!!!!!!

I can't sleep at night, feels sleepy by 7am M'sia time and wakes up at 4-5pm. I am like taking over my lazy brother's role!!!! But at least I clean the house when I can't sleep =P

Last night, after coming home from meeting a few of my friends at 2.30am, I laid on my bed in darkness trying to sleep but I was so wide awake!! In the end, I started deleting photos from my phone and by 4ish am, I gave up and went to the living room joining my brother who was awake watching movie through his iPad.

I was bored, still bored after disturbing Spritz so I took out my fiction book and started reading. The more I read, the more awake I felt! By 6ish am, my sis woke up and was getting ready to school. By 7ish am, both my parents were up so I talked to them etc.

By 8ish am, I finally felt sleepy BUT I can't sleep because I need to go get my sister's report card at school!!! Stayed up till 11am only could I finally lie on my bed and sleep. I was in such a horrible mood and even had palpitations while listening to her class teacher talked. My sis failed a few subjects and it's her SPM year!!! Gosh, if I were in a better shape, I would have made things difficult for the teacher by asking lots of 'why did she fail' etc

Anyway, I woke up at 5pm and here I am using the comp at 6.35pm.

There was this paragraph in the book that reflected my thoughts on society and single women. I was telling my friend about it the other day and this paragraph was so similar to what I was saying. It goes:


"you and I both know that this so called independent women thing- in this country anyway- is a complete cod. It's all a big cover up. Yes, we can earn our own money, buy our own houses and change our own spare wheels, but no matter what way you look at it, deep down we're all still judged by whether or not we have a man at our side."

-Wishful Thinking by Melissa Hill-

Agree??

Well, I don't care if society judges me or not, I still don't plan to get married.

No comments: