Sunday, July 1, 2012

2nd day at London- Phantom of the Opera!!!

Yes, my 2nd day at London was very very productive!!

Not going into too much details to bore you down, I'll just give a summary of my day =)

Morning- Sandeman's London Tour which was free!!! Lasted for 2.5 hours.

The tour guide that my group got was an ex-teacher so he had pictures and all the interesting history that he shared. We went to
·         Hyde Park Corner
·         Buckingham Palace
·         The Houses of Parliament
·         St. Martin-in-the-Fields
·         Westminster Abbey
·         Trafalgar Square
·         Nelson’s Column
·         Wellington Arch
·         St. James’s Park
·         10 Downing St.
·         Horseguards
·         Big Ben


Afternoon- PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!!


We took the chance to just pop by Her Majesty's Theater and there was seats!!! We sat at row K at the stalls and it was brilliant!!!
The props were GREAT especially in the scene where The Phantom kidnapped Christine into his underground house and during the masquerade. The props were awesome!!
At the first 1.5 hours, I felt that the Phantom was singing too fast compared to the live orchestra and I can't connect to Raol, in a way I can't feel his emotions towards Christine. The way he conveyed his feelings were too 'rock solid hard' and not gentle like how a man who is in love. I don't know, it's just me maybe?

But after the interval, things picked up and it was just marvelous!!! In terms of singing, The Phantom was really good, Christine was very very good too but Raol still...erm...ya...but he's great as well (just the conveying feeling part). La Carlotta was as diva as ever and she was WOW!!!

I really really love this show because there's live orchestra, ballet, Great actresses and actors and I love POTO. I was mouthing the whole musical because I have the POTO movie's soundtrack so I know somewhat all the words LOL

Evening- met up with friends of friend and we headed to Chinatown. On the way, stopped by at shops and spent quite some time at this M&M shop which has 4 floors and full with M&M things ranging from merchandise to multicoloured M&M!!!

Night- Went home to my friend's aunt's place and had a nice pre-malaysian dinner =)

Best thing- slept at 11pm and woke up at 6am!! Finally a normal nice good sleep!!!!!!

No comments: