Monday, July 30, 2012

Post Sarawak trip

I was away at Sarawak for 4 days and boy did I have lots of fun and lots of vitamin D. I think the highlight for my trip is the last day where I was given the opportunity to spent time with St Joseph School Band Colour Guards practicing for a competition at Kuching Food Festival.

The waterfront, view from my hotel room.


My first day was all about discovering the area around the hotel and trying Sarawak food. I am so grateful to have friends there who are willing to take some of their precious time off to bring my mom and I around. Thank you so so much!!!!


2nd day was visiting the Jong Crocodile Farm
and Semengoh Wildlife Centre

and crossing the Sarawak River to see the Fort Margherita and of course trying more food. There was a buka puasa bazaar and I had a great time. On that day, I got to spend time with the locals who are so friendly and so easy to chat with. Reminds me of Abd =)


3rd day was museum day where my mom and I went to 5 different museums.
It was a very tiring day and at night, my 2 good nice great friends from Kuching brought me to the food festival and I had a blast. I was lucky because it stopped raining and hence there were less people around. The feeling of unknown skin touching or brushing against mine is so disgusting, it just kills the inside of me.

My 4th and last day was spent together with these 2 kind nice friends of mine and they gave me the feeling that I thought I've lost. Watching how the band members being so initiative and dedicated in coming to practice and having fun around each other just reminds me of those days where I was like them, loving every minute spent with my band, loving every inch of dark skin thanks to the sun rays and enjoying every drop of sweat rolling down my forehead and back. Those were the glory days of my life, the time where I'll never get back but I'll never forget.
PS: The boys were so cute and pretty!!! Feel like bringing them home with me LOL



*****************************************



Do you believe in platonic friendship?
 I would like to believe that it exists and I can be a part of this beautiful friendship.

I know a lot of people does not believe in them. They don't believe that 2 friends of a different gender can be close yet does not have special feelings for each other.

Why not I wonder? True, there might be special feelings or feelings more than normal friends would have but I believe that those who have such wonderful friendship might not risk it. Is it worth sacrificing this close bond for something more that might cause you to lose this beautiful unique bond forever?

Things that have change will never get back to normal again. I am not a true risk taker so even if I'm in that situation, I would keep my lips sealed.

Why the sudden thought? Well, I do realise that I have friends that I keep in touch everyday and most of them are of a different gender just like moments ago, my secondary school friend just called and asked me out for lunch but I was lazy and he ended up delivering the food to my doorstep. Seriously, this is what I call friends but others would assume that there's more to it.

Really? Can't there be kindness or selfless act that does not require anything in return?

No comments: