Monday, July 16, 2012

Movies and Ballet performances

Besides meeting with friends and eating, I had time to catch a few shows.

I just finished watching You Are The Apple of My Eye, a Taiwanese romantic movie at youtube.


I have to admit that I was sort of able to relate a bit. The feeling of being courted, the feeling of knowing someone really likes you, the feeling of being treasured and the feeling of liking that person back yet you didn't want the courtship to end hence you decide to just keep quiet about it.

After finishing the show, I was stalking my crush's Fb =P
Seeing him happy, I am happy for him too but I don't like his current gf. Not trying to judge but I feel he could have got a better one. But as long as he's happy, then good for him =)

The other movie that I recently watched was The Amazing Spider-man at GSC.


The movie started off with the best music ever and for the whole movie, besides the plot, I was very very aware of 2 things.
1. The background music and soundtrack
2. Andrew Garfield looked and acted like my friend in the movie.

Now, imagine watching the movie without any background music. It'll be so boring and so monotonous right?! Gosh, the music was just perfect for each scene and it makes the whole movie 100% better!!! I would love to buy the soundtrack but is it worth it? For the other issue, AG really really reminded me of my friend throughout the whole show!! His every smile, every move and every hesitation while thinking really really resembles him!!! It was really a little...distracting. LOL

The other show that I watched was the International Ballet Gala at Istana Budaya


I really enjoyed myself but I was too tired and some variation was a little too slow for me. This show was a-must-see according to mom's yoga teacher because of the world class dancers who took their time to appear in M'sia. It was a great show =)

After the show, I saw my ballet teacher/ ballet school principal and a few of my other ballet friends where we did the SP Production at Istana Budaya too. Coming back to IB, it really reminded me of all the great times practicing and rehearsing for the show. Months of hard work and time and of course new friends from all over the M'sia's ballet school =)

The Gala Programme

Le Grand Pas de Deux

Choreography: Christian Spuck, Jin Yao*, Wei Wei

Pas de deux from ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’

Choreography: David Nixon O.B.E., Ena Hirose, Hironao Takahashi*

Contemporary Solo

Steve Goh

Pas de deux from ‘Spartacus’

Choreography: Irek Mukhamedov O.B.E., Kyoko Tomimura*, Nobuo Fujino*

Wedding Night Pas de Deux from ‘Madame Butterfly’

Choreography: Stanton Welch, Karina Gonzalez*, Joseph Walsh

Pas de deux from ‘Romeo and Juliet’

Yuan Yuan Tan*, Damian Smith

‘The Red Violin’ (pas de deux)

Choreography: Jie Choong, Ena Hirose, Hironao Takahashi*

Grand pas deux from ‘The Sleeping Beauty’

Choreography: Ben Stevenson O.B.E., Karina Gonzalez*, Joseph Walsh

Pas de deux from ‘Turandot’

Choreography: Natalie Wier, Jin Yao*, Wei Wei

Grand pas de deux from ‘The Nutcracker’

Choreography: Stephen Jefferies, Kyoko Tomimura*, Nobuo Fujino*

Pas de deux from ‘Diving Into the Lilacs’/ ‘Somewhere in Time’

Choreography: Yuri Possokhov/ Edwaard Liang, Yuan Yuan Tan*, Damian Smith
* International Award Recipient.
Programme subject to changes. Part of proceeds goes to selected charities

Guest Artists (tentative)

Yuan Yuan Tan ‐ Principal Dancer, San Francisco Ballet, USA
Damian Smith ‐ Principal Dancer, San Francisco Ballet, USA
Joseph Walsh ‐ Principal Dancer, Houston Ballet, USA
Karina Gonzalez ‐ Soloist, Houston Ballet, USA
Jin Yao ‐ Principal Dancer, Hong Kong Ballet
Wei Wei ‐ Soloist, Hong Kong Ballet
Nobuo Fujino ‐ Former Principal Dancer, Hong Kong Ballet
Kyoko Tomimura ‐ Former Principal Dancer, Hong Kong Ballet
Ena Hirose ‐ Principal Dancer, Ena Ballet, Japan
Hironao Takahashi ‐ Premier Dancer, Northern Ballet Theatre, UK
Steve Goh ‐ JS Dance Theatre, Malaysia



No comments: