Thursday, October 2, 2008

Movie Marathon

I had a blast but with a tinge of guilt.

I went to Mid Valley today to catch Eagle Eye which I’ve promised myself I’ll catch it when it is released since the day I saw the trailer (13/09/08). And it was WOW!!!! Seriously it was a fantastic movie. Well done!!! And Shia LaBeouf’s acting was convincing. Anyway, it was really a great movie, good suspense and a lot of exciting scenes. Want to know more about the synopsis, go here. IT WAS WALAO!!!!! Seriously go watch!!!!

Image:Eagle eye poster.jpg

In this movie, Shia acts as Jerry Shaw who has a twin brother (Ethan) who is a successful guy in the Air Force but died in a car crash. Unlike Ethan, Jerry is a slacker. He and Rachel (Michelle Monaghan) both received a phone call from a lady one day, after Ethan’s death who gave them instructions on things they got to do such as run, jump, turn right NOW, go here etc…She can even control virtually any networked device, such as traffic lights, cell phones, and CCTV!!
AND one of the ultimate weapon used to kill the President of United States was a TRUMPET!!!! YES!! Btw, Rachel's son plays the trumpet and his band got to perform at the United States Capitol (supposed to be at the Kennedy's Center but there was a change of plans [WOW]).

I shall not spoil the movie for you. Go find out who is that lady calling them and find out what's her plan. LOL

My initial plan was—catch the movie then go home and study but I was being spontaneous like Harry and hence bought another ticket to watch Mamma Mia. It was even more wonderful and I really enjoyed myself. Laughed out loud quite a lot of times. And I walked out of the cinema with all the Abba’s songs playing in my mind. I nearly sang out loud along with Meryl Streep half way through the movie. It was really FUN and enjoyable!!!

This movie tells about Sophie (Amanda Seyfried), daughter of Donna (Meryl Streep) who is going to get married and wants her dad to give her away. Problem is she don't know who is her dad BUT she found her mom's diary and apparently there's 3 possibilities--Sam Carmichael, Bill Austin, and Harry Bright. So she send them invitations and they showed up at the Greek island (Great sceneries!!) where they are staying and where the wedding is held. Anyway, she thought she'll know which is her dad when she sees them but when all 3 of them arrived, she didn't know or able to feel which is her real dad. Even her mom don't know which is the dad because she had "intimate" relationship with them within 1 month after Sam left her to get married with another gal.

A lot of ABBA's songs and laughter and seriously funny scenes with those "matured" ladies singing and dancing!!! And not forgetting the guys singing too!!! All the actors and actress sang the songs without any ABBA's help!!! Go support and watch!!! It's not like High School Musical at all because the lyrics actually suit the scenes and story!! Go watch!!!

PS: At the end of the movie, the whole cast performed Dancing Queen, Mamma Mia and Waterloo. Meryl with asked "Do you wanna hear more??" And surprisingly there was people shouting YEAh!!!!! Hahaha but too bad none stood up and dance along. I wanted to but shy -.-


From Left: Bill Austin(Stellan Skarsgard), Sam Carmichael (Pierce Brosnan),and Harry Bright (Colin Firth)

You just got to watch this movie if you're an ABBA's fan or you want to hear Pierce Brosnan sing!! Come on, how many chances are there to see this ex James Bond sing? Seriously, if I have the chance, I'll marry him because OMG, he has such a gentlemen look!! But too bad, he's old because I could catch a lot of lentigos aka liver spots but he still melts my heart (>.<")


Sam singing with Donna

*******************************************************************
Guilt filled me up after the 2 movies because I did not study. I abandoned Pharmacology to arrive at Mid Valley and to watch this 2 fantastic movies!! After that, we (mom, sis and I) went to Beard Papa's for cream puffs on my sis's request. She fell in love with the cream puffs months ago but today I fell in love with their
Fondan Fondant Au Chocolate

It's like Chillies's mud pie but in a smaller (really really smaller) portion!!!!! MMMmmm......

PS: I'm trying to get the pictures of the 3 guys when they were in their younger days in this movie (Pierce Brosnan-Hippie, Colin-Rocker and Bil-hippie) because they are hilarious!!! But couldn't find =(

No comments: