Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Expandable

Yesterday after work, went and watched The Expandable.
The Expendables Poster
Honestly, this movie made me yawn quite a few times and I think I passed the yawning syndrome to the big-sized ang moh sitting beside me or maybe the movie was not that good.

Anyway, I don't get the plot and the characters. Didn't feel excited or anything. No hunky bodies to look at and the list can go on. But a few things I would like to highlight here.

1. Sylvester Stallone looks weird. It's either too much foundation on his face or something went wrong with his makeup. And all the veins protruding out beneath his epidermis is so scary!

2. When they slash the "bad guys", I can't help but notice that those "bad guys" have no bones. When they slash the hands or heads, no white stuff in between. It's just red red red all over. Hmm...

3. Bruce Willis was even weirder. My brain just could not process the moment he start saying those "F" words. Ooohhh, those "F" words scenes were as bad as Tropic Thunder.

4. Jason Statham was not that fantastic here. I love his Transporter because that movie featured him to be cool, steady, professional and ethical but here, well, everything went down the drain.

5. Arnold Schwarzenegger appeared for a few minutes and love the joke
Bruce Willis: What's his problem?
Sly Stallone: He wants to be the president.
LOL~~ Don't get it?? It's OK, worth the miss anyway =P

6. I don't understand the relation between cigarette, men and women. WHY must the guys torture the girls by burning their epidermis layer or even dermis layer with a lighted up cigarette. Jeez...

Like I say, the list can go on and on and on but there's something to look forward too if you plan to watch it.

1. There's the bomb
2. There's the fight between Jet Li and Dolph Lundgren
3. There's the gun
4. There's no obnoxious kissing scenes (imagine Sly Stallone kissing that young woman..eeuuww)
5. There's Mickey Rourke if you dig him (I don't get his emotional scenes)
6. Steve Austin maybe?? I mean the fight between Steve and Sly??
7. Hmm...what else?? Well, old big stars getting together making a movie??


Oh by the way,
Before I went for the movie aka waiting for the mother, I went to Kinokuniya and saw the books I want yet I don't have the cash to get them =(

No comments: