Sunday, August 8, 2010

T.G.I.F

Today is Jon's birthday so I went to Mid Valley to meet up with him to treat him his Chilies BUT it was full so we put our name down and went to The Borders at Garden to hang out.

45 minutes later, we went back to Chilies and the guy told us to wait for another 45 minutes!! I was pissed.

We end up eating at T.G.I.F (at The Gardens) and the food S.U.C.K!! I ordered the Southwest Mac & Cheese and it was so dry and just so sucky and yucky and every vocabulary that means disgusting. It was supposed to be (quote from their menu) A juicy fire-grilled chicken breast served with our creamy Monterey Jack jalapeno macaroni and cheese, then finished with shredded Parmesan cheese and diced red peppers.



It was neither juicy or creamy and it was so disappointing. Oh ya, and the portion was TINY!! So second-rated and so sub-standard. Tsk tsk tsk.

Jon had Sizzling Chicken Fajitas which he said was not as good as Chilies.


The only thing that made it OK in the end was the Brownie Obsession.


After that meal, we spent a lot of time looking at body gel LOL!! I use soap and I don't pamper myself with all the confusing body shower stuff (typing this reminds me of Hannah Montana's dad's obsession for hair stuff) but since Jon was on his search for his body gel, I decided to look around and I finally decided to try

Palmolive Thermal Spa Massage Shower Gel

Well, I googled about it and got a review that says:

"I took this lovely bottle home to try out what it was like. I squeezed a pea sized amount of product onto the palms on my hand and started rubbing it on my arms. Immediately my facial expression turned into a grimace....It's icky! It's slimey! It's gross! I do not know if you were the kind of child that used to collect frogs and play with them in the backyard. But this is what it feels like. A slimey frog.

I rubbed the product over my body a bit longer, hoping to get the exfoiliating effect that was promised by the bottle. I could barely feel the effect of the white clay. I do not know about you, but when I buy an exfoliating scrub, I expect to feel a certain kind of coarseness to the grains in the bottle. The kind of coarseness that makes you feel like you are removing dead skin cells of your body. The kind of coarseness that works so well that your body is a healthy rose colour when you leave the shower. None of these expectations were fulfilled here.

All that was left for me to do, is to try and remove the slimy feeling from my skin. I had to rinse quite thoroughly to do so.

After the shower I did not feel refreshed at all. My skin did not feel "soft, smooth and ful of vitality", contrary to what is promised on the back of the bottle. The gel did not make me feel clean and sparkly. I might as well not have used any shower gel at all. The only plus side I could possibly see is the smell of this product. If you do not like lingering shower gels, you will like this product. It hardly scents your skin at all and evaporates quite quickly.

I suppose the other plus side is that me and my partner have been sharing this gel for 2 weeks now, and we are not even halfway down the bottle. Whether this is because he is using something more pleasant (which I am doing) or whether it is really a longlasting product, is debattable.

Would I recommend it... hmmmmm...

... Bottle of slime, anyone?"

But I read another few reviews and most of them went like this:

This really is my favourite shower gel so I just had to review it.

There are two reasons I love this stuff....

Firstly the smell; it smells so fresh and clean and lingers on your skin all day you simply couldn't fail to like this smell. This is my main reason for liking it as after all we want to smell great when we emerge from the shower don't we?! I''ve even had people remark to me how nice I smell when I've used this!

Secondly the fact that it is exfoliating. I like all things exfoliating and this is one of the best. It contains bits of pumice, just tiny bits and just enough to mean that you can use this shower gel daily (unlike some more abrasive exfoliators which you would normally only use once or twice a week). It really makes my skin feel smoother and softer.

It also contains white clay which is meant to be good for cleansing your skin.

At around £1.50 or so (often less when special offers are on - Tesco are currently selling it for £1!!) I think it's more than worth the cost. In fact personally I would be willing to pay more for this product.......when compared with the price of some 'Sanctuary Spa' products from Boots this is an absolute bargain.


Totally different. Hmm, let me try and I'll see how does it feels. I hope it's not like what the 1st review said--slimey like a frog. Yuck!!


PS: Got all the pictures from google

No comments: