Saturday, August 18, 2012

1st Movies in UK Cinema

Don't judge me.

I know I have been in the UK for the past 1 over years but I am a very homey person in the sense that I don't spend much on clothes or entertainment like movies in the cinema. No doubt I spent money on food but food is essential in life no?

Anyway, yesterday night I finally had the chance to watch movies in the UK cinema. Honestly, the cinema is not much different from back home so there were no 'WOW' factors involved like how I felt when I went to the toy store in London. Now, that was WOW!

Last night was a very very exciting night. I did something kinda illegal =P
I borrowed a senior's unlimited movie card to buy ticket for free. I know it's wrong and hence the excitement. When Kepochi-the-Busybody bought the ticket, my heart were racing and I was so scared that we'll get caught! And when we entered the cinema, I had real hardcore palpitations and even tremor! Yes, I'm such a coward. Hey, I got palpitations even by looking at the edge of a white paper of my classmate's exam paper during a small test so shoot me!

Bourne Legacy


I have to admit, maybe due to the excitement and adrenaline rush from all the ticketing issue, I find the front part a wee bit slow. I know they were trying to explain and relate back to the previous Bourne movies and hence it was kinda draggy but towards the end, it was good. Compared to the previous Bourne movies, I think it lacks something, don't ask me what.

The Expendables 2


Now this movie is just hilarious, corny and has very funny lame script. There were a few parody scenes such as when Arnold Schwarzenegger appeared, catch phrases like 'I'll terminate your butt', 'I'll be back' etc just cracked me up. Chuck Norris appeared too and Ennio Morricone's spaghetti western theme song plays whenever he presented himself on screen. (Is it me or does Chuck Norris looks like Tim Allen? )
A few other catch phrases were there to laugh about too like 'yippie-kai-yay' from die hard and 'what's next? Rambo?' LOL.
I like what Bruce Willis said 'we all should be in the museum!'. Yes, you all should be, so that you guys will be remembered forever =)

Right, I felt that this movie is just so fake with all the blood bursting at each gun shot and I wondered how hundreds of men can't even aim and shoot at this 6 hugely build guys. You could have thought that with so much surface area to aim, they could have got scratched a little? Oh and sorry but I have to mention about Mr. Stallone's and Mr. Van Damme's make up, too much foundation perhaps? And why Jet Li only appeared in the beginning? Another thing to note, Liam Hemsworth as Billy Boy was a bit cute for this movie maybe? But I am not complaining because he reminds me of Legolas in Lord of the Ring =P

But in all honesty, I like and enjoyed the movie. It's nice to see all the old famous macho actors come together and remind us of how great they were back then =)

No comments: