Thursday, August 2, 2012

Homesick soon?

It's another week before I head back to UK.

Last night, we went to a Taiwanese restaurant (Fung Lye) for nice Chinese food =)
It's a restaurant where my mom's boss loves to go and he always tip the waiters and management well hence I felt that we were treated with extra care last night =P



The table setting were beautiful and the food were delicious. After the meal, they gave us lemon juice and special mixed fruits, all on the restaurant LOL

On our way back, we were all laughing and joking and suddenly mom said

'Jene, I think I'll miss you when you leave. Without you around, it's quiet. Usually pa and bro will talk or pa and ma will talk or min will tell stories about her school...seldom we can laugh like this together...'

Oh gosh......

I believe I'll be very very homesick especially since I'm really enjoying this break.

When I first arrived at UK, mom was with me and when she left I was busy with the bridging course and seniors kept us busy with weekly or almost daily meet ups and meals together.

Last Dec when I went back to UK alone, I was really really depressed. Never felt so sad and homesick ever (well duh, this is my 1st time away from home anyway) and I believe I was crying feeling homesick for almost a week. My housemate couldn't do much because she went to work and came home late. I partially blame my mom as well because she cried when I was sent off at the airport and her crying face that made me cried as well...gosh, tearing up now as well...die.....

This time, I'm going back with my friend but I doubt she'll able to do much because I'm pretty sure she'll feel the same as me. Later both of us crying in the plane LOL!! Well, on the brighter note, I am having new housemates and one of them is an old friend whom I hope he'll be able to do something to distract me. Boy, I can imagine him doing all kind of things to piss me off. He already burnt my pot which I am not angry, just annoyed that nothing more is done to get rid of the burnt stuff at the base of the pot. Anything worse than that? Yup, you betcha!


I have to say I am closer to my mom compared to my dad. Wherever I go for holiday alone, my mom will be there tagging along such as when I went to Penang many many times and recently to Sarawak hence she knows most of my outstation friends. Luckily she's very friendly and sporting hence she enjoys mixing with youngsters and vice versa =P
I skype with her almost every day, even when I'm home here at KL when she's at work hence she said she doesn't really feel like I'm away but I guess seeing me in person gives a different feeling? LOL


Anyway, I hope someone from anywhere can lessen my homesickness....or maybe PPB will do it =P

No comments: