Friday, August 17, 2012

Movies on plane

I know someone is dying to read something outside the medicine life but too bad, I am still not in the mood to blog about things to let you read too much into me =P

Right, Movies on the A380 plane that I managed to watch in between my 40 winks.

1. The Avengers

Yes I know, I am so outdated and so late but hey, don't judge me. I was preparing for me exams and there were too much to watch on youtube! So how did I feel about this movie, honestly? It was just OK for me. Any particular character that I rooted for? Nil, Zilch, none. Somehow, this movie was not as good as what I expected. Note to oneself, never set an expectation if you wanna enjoy the show.
I'm still waiting for the movie that will make me go 'WOAH~' like how the 1st transformers did back in 2007.

2. Battleship


Yup, the movie with Rihanna in it. Well, I thought that Rihanna was acting just like herself. I've watched her on Norton Graham Show and I felt in the movie, she was just being herself or maybe she was also acting in the chat show and if she did, she's good then no? Overall, I felt it was quite interesting and I like the characters in the movie. As you know, I was leaving my homeland and should be feeling homesick and all but surprisingly, I did not cry nor teared up during the sad parts like when the brother died. Hmm, I wonder why. I love Liam Neelson and every time I see him, the famous quote from Taken will appear on my mind 'I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you' LOL

3. 50/50

There were tonnes of other movies to watch but I chose this based on Joseph Gordon -Levitt's face. From the poster, you can see and assume that he plays the lead character right? Yup, you guessed right. Anyway, it was interesting to watch him act as a cancer patient and how he cope with his life receiving treatment, watching his cancer friends die, talking to therapist, staying with a cheating girlfriend, having a friend who uses the phrase 'my best friend has cancer' to get laid etc and most of all, to have a perspective from a young cancer patient who did not see this coming. I have to say I paused to nap for a few times but I finished the movie and that got to mean something right?

4. Date Night

Yes I know, this movie is ancient (2 years old ) but 2010 was my huge exam year! Anyway, typical stupid jokes, cheesy lines yet an entertaining movie. Having Steve Carell and Tina Fey together was brilliant! Totally enjoyed the show =)

I think I slept a lot hence only got to watch 4 movies...or did I miss some out. It's OK, it's old movies anyway =P

Right, I'm down with runny nose thanks to the weather (but it was so sunny and windy this afternoon =/) and hopefully the movie and Japanese food plan later will work. Fingers crossed =)

No comments: