Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Friends

I can't wait for me to return to UK to blog about this topic.


Since the day I stepped down from the plane and arrived home at KL, my friends particularly a few have been the best pals ever.

They got my house phone number and from the 2nd day onwards (one of them actually wanted to bring me out at night on my 1st night home!) they have been calling me asking me if I want to go here and there to eat this and that.


Hence every time my house phone rings, I know it's time to go out yum cha aka hang out with friends.

Because of them, I got to eat more stuff, travel to more places and meeting more old friends compared to the period when I'm still in KL after high school!!!

Worse, besides fetching me from home and bringing me around, they pay for everything! On the 2nd week, one of them spontaneously asked if I wanted to go Ipoh for a day trip and 6 hours later, we hit the road. The next day, we went to Melaka!! For these 2 trips I didn't pay much and if I didn't insist, it'll be FOC for me again!!! Gosh, being charged RM100 for this 2 days trip including petrol and food, I wonder if he gave me a huge discount.

There were a few occasions when one of them also appeared on my doorstep with food when I told them that the weather was too hot for me and I didn't feel like going out.

Just moments ago, one of them appeared on my doorstep with a huge bag of mangosteens!!! And he refused to receive any payment for it!!!



For my Sarawak trip, I had 2 princes band friends who were so so nice to me too!! They are both busy with work yet could take out some of their precious time to bring me and my mom around! One of them even drove us all the way to the beach which was more than 30min drive away and back to town again while the other one who was extremely tired drove us to the airport as well!

I knew I have friends at Sarawak that I wanted to meet but I expected to just have a meal with them and I'll be on my own with my mom but boy did they spend their time with us. One of them even paid for all the food during food festival and it ain't cheap. I really really am moved by what they did =)

Most of them said I should not be paying because they are working but who am I to receive all these kindness from them?? Gosh, what did I do to deserve these friends?? They are just too nice to me!!! I am so not worth it!!!

Of course not forgetting my other friends who contacted me to ask me out as well. The thought that I am not forgotten made me realise just how lucky I am to have these people around me, allowing me to call them real friends and appreciating them even more.

Because of these friends, I am really enjoying my this last holiday here at home. At first, I predicted my 6 weeks stay would be caged/ stuck in my room spending time at home scolding and stressing teaching my sis and being the maid of the house but boy was I wrong. Totally rocking this break!!!

Thank you so so much!!!!

I don't know how am I going to repay you guys for making me enjoy this holiday but I sincerely, truly from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!!! I am so so grateful to have you guys in my life!! Appreciate everything you guys have done for me!!!

Curiously most of the friends that I have been meeting are of the opposite gender and I think my parents are getting a little suspicious even though they didn't say anything. My mom played along during the trip at Sarawak and also when I went to Penang last few holidays ago to meet my band friends there. My mom is the coolest and most sporting mom ever! She even joked about eligibility and passing her screening test before can get me. LOL!
(Hey mom and dad, we're all just good friends!!)


Sadly, there is this one person that I really really want to meet but yet to have the chance- my best friend =(


No comments: