Sunday, August 26, 2012

Elgin =)

I am now on my bed in the hospital accommodation in Elgin and I am loving every moment so far.

Leaving the house which I previously called home made me feel sad and happy. Sad because I no longer have a place called home, happy because I get to see new place and travel. I don't know, maybe sad because I am not going to have so much fun with my new housemates anymore and happy because I can have my own room and meet new hopefully nice people.

The journey to Elgin was 1.5 hours and I was lucky to have L with me and we talked throughout the whole journey =)

Something sad happened in the train. Just before departing, there was this breathless lady who boarded the train just before the door closed and she was pleading the train master to let her 2 friends who were just right in front of the closed train door to board but the train master refused and stopped them. So this lady were almost in tears trying to talk sense into the train master but her pleas fell on deaf ears and the reason the train master gave was 'we are 2 minutes late, I'm sorry' then walked away. So sad...

When L and I arrived at Elgin, we were shocked to see that we need to climb 2 flights of stairs to cross the railway to get to the other side! I was with this HUGE HEAVY luggage bag and the thought of bringing it up then down to reach the other side just made me scared. So we decided to let the other passengers to go ahead then only we'll try to achieve the almost impossible. L had 2 suitcases so I stayed at the bottom for her to bring her 1st suitcase over. When she came back for the 2nd suitcase, I braced myself and got ready to die then suddenly this chap appeared and offered to help me. I was so so SO HAPPY!!
'YES PLEASE!! Thank you so so SO MUCH!!' was my replied and he without any hesitation just picked my luggage up and put it on his shoulder! WOW!!

The stairs that I needed to cross...


So when L reached the other side, she was =.= to see that I was helped =P
But I helped her with her smaller suitcase.

Reached the hospital accommodation and met my senior who is working there as FY1. Ooo, my room is SO SPACIOUS!! Anyway, went grocery shopping and I bought lots of fruits, yogurt and even spent 3 pounds on 1.5kg of Alpen cereal


which I fell in love with when I tried it at London.

After unpacking, L and I went exploring and we went to this restaurant called Scribbles for dinner.


I enjoyed my Penne smoked sausage (Slices of smoked sausage and roasted vegetables in a creamy tomato and basil sauce) while L disliked her Morco Polo (Strips of duck breast, mushroom and onions in a sweet plum sauce with penne) LOL.

Then we went back and had cheesecake (baked by one of my friend) and talked about dogs for hours...I miss Spritzer boy...

No comments: