Friday, January 16, 2009

FIA + CSU

Sorry for not updating for quite some time. I AM busy if you haven't noticed. Thursday morning went to Klinic Kesihatan Jinjang and had fun interacting with patients and getting quite a few waves from familiar faces (Jinjang is near my house). Rushed back for class at 1.30pm and later rushed to ballet class.

This morning, was another start of a busy day because I had Clinical Skills Unit (CSU) sessions then later PBL then class. I am deprived of sleep again yet I don't know why I am very hyper compared to normal days. It seems like the more I lack of sleep, the more I am awake. Weird.

Today's CSU is about physical examination on Cardiovascular system. I am not used to Macleod (reference book) so I didn't understand what to do and all. So I was hoping I'll get a not-so-strict lecturer and hopefully understand and grasps everything asap (If you don't understand, it's a waste of time in CSU).

So my group was in the room with the stimulated patients (SP) when suddenly he told us our lecturer is FIA. He is one strict and scary lecturer!! So we were all scared and nervous. He was late and when he popped his head into the room, the 1st thing he asked was - did you wash your hands. We scrambled to the sink and start washing our hands while he started lecturing(to some scolding) on how bad we were and how we will cause the patient to be sick if this session is for real.

Anyway, after he chilled and told us he was late to give us time to wash our hands, he asked us why we didn't wash and one of us answered - because we are scared of you, till we forgot. Hence, we spend some time on discussing why are we afraid of him and giving him feedback on how he can not be as scary as a monster and yet be himself.

If you know FIA, you'll know he IS GOOD!! So when I told him that maybe some of us are scared because he asks a lot of questions and we don't know how to answer, his response was - so you want me to stop asking questions?? I was - NO!! If you don't ask, we wont learn!! (I told him maybe a little too loudly LOL) and after that I was not scared of him anymore =)

He was good, no, he IS good and I learned a lot and understand what to expect and what to do for my general inspection. YET, since we were having PBL at 10.15am, he got to rushed and he didn't really went into the physical examination part. He did show and told us what to do yet he lost his "teaching method". But anyway, I am glad to have him as this CSU's faci and (heheh) got a few questions from the question bank.

OK, I know I'll type a lot more and you'll compain I'll type a lot so in summary, I am busy and will not update often anymore. =)

3 comments:

Esther said...

lucky you.. he's still nice though he's strict... mine is strict and not nice... but i'm glad it's over... i just hope that in the next session, i can do better... cos just like you, i'm also afraid of being asked questions and i'm always so nervous when everyone is watching me... which is why i loathe it when i hv to go first... >.< FIA is quite funny and nice.. after the lecture we had the other day, i just thought he's really nice... haha...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, ya!!! After that session with him I really think that he's nice..wait, he IS nice!! hahaha!!

Too bad we didn't learn much bout physical examination...kinda lost the CSU's objectives =(

Die la, exam time if get questions on conducting physical examination on CVS, I'm so dead

Teddy said...

Er... I think it's simulated patient not stimulated patient lol XD

Anyway... no worries... next time can help you out xD