Friday, January 30, 2009

Inkheart

Went for lunch then dropped by at Prima Kepong for a movie (I did not know mom's plan at all) and when we reached the ticket counter, it was a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong queue so I brainwashed my mom to go to uncle's place instead. We paid the parking ticket then mom suddenly got her senses back and we went up and queued =(

Queued for almost 25 minutes when mom suddenly appeared with tickets. She managed to call and booked the tickets right in front of the counter while the other Kepong-ian were still queuing up behind and in front of us LOL


Nice movie, kinda like Narnia but with a different story line. Lots of great scenery!!!
Dustfinger acted by Paul Bettany (Silas, the monk in Da Vinci Code) seriously is good and convincing. Love it when he does his fire thing =)
Brendon Fraser as Mortimer Folchart, the Silvertongue is OK, his usual trademark is all over the movie --blur + dumb aka goofy face (I just can't help myself remembering him in George of the Jungle LOL)
The chemistry between the dad and daughter (Maggie Folchart acted by Eliza Bennett) is just okay, can't really feel the connection between them at certain time but can be improved though.
If you're a fan of Resident Evil (Apocalypse), you might see a familiar face here-Sienna Guillory as the mother/wife that was read into the storybook. But not much of her.
Farid (Rafi Gavron) is a character from The Book Of One Thousand and One Night does add a flavour to this movie. Besides, if his acting is sucky, he still has his Jacob Black's look LOL

Basically, this story is about Mortimer who is a silvertongue (read a book aloud and character or scene will come true) accidentally read his wife into the storybook (Inkheart) and has been searching for the book since to release the wife. In the mist of releasing the wife, evil characters were read out and hence had an adventurous journey.

Rotten tomatoes gave this movie an average rating of 5.1. Fans of magical animals would love this movie because you can have a glimpse of them (Unicorns, minotaur, flying monkeys etc )
.

Anyway, I haven't been studying lately and hence I am so dead. My study plan is like so useless!!! No discipline at all!! Found this at someones blog, so me man (minus the clubbing part)


Suddenly miss someone-Jeffrey (I think this is his name LOL)
Met him on my 1st day of form 5 (his first day of form 3), brought him to wash his hair after being caught by disciplinary teacher for gelled hair. Since then , I had a friend who calls me "dai ga jeh" and after that, I had my own gang of "ma zhai". His only subject that won't fail is Mandarin and the last time I saw him, he was working part time at the school canteen when he has his recess. Gosh, don't know why suddenly feel like listening to him talking about his fights..hmm...I wonder where is he and what is he doing now.

9 comments:

Esther said...

i wanted to watch on chinese new year so badly... then, my brother asked me to download... the next thing i knew, my brother went to watch the movie without me because his friend booked two tickets and hence, i told my brother that the time has come and i will catch movies with my OWN friends. of course, i added in the sulky face too. :P

then, i asked another friend if he'd like to watch it (as a group lar) and he said, 'i might be watching it with my other groups of friends. i have other friends too you know.' so geram... but no matter what, i'm still gonna catch that movie this coming monday.

haha, as for studying, same here. i think later, i'm gonna post up something about 7 habits of highly effective people that needs to be BROKEN. :P stop by k... :) :)

back to the movie... *InkHeart InkHeart InkHeart InkHeart InkHeart InkHeart InkHeartInkHeart InkHeart InkHeart InkHeart* *walks around like the cavewoman, with a stick in her hand... demanding to watch it desperately!!* hahahahah...

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, you funny gal!!!
Crave to watch that movie that badly?? Why ah I wonder LOL

So who are you watching with? On Monday with IMU-ains?

Hahaha, Praise Esther the Inkheart cavewoman LOL

Esther said...

monday: watching with jae ric, jeremy, chia sin, arthur and lydia.. benedict not yet confirmed.. we're watching red cliff 2.. inkheart can't be watched on that day cos jae ric coming back in the morning, so not enough time.. maybe the following monday when we have holidays AGAIN! *hoogah hoogah* and twilight.. i still haven't watched it yet... >.<

Anonymous said...

You haven't watch Twilight yet? Reminded me of what Jeremy said -- Twilight made Vampires into pussys..HAAHAHAH!!!!

Oo, tell me if Red Cliff is nice or not ok? Coz I haven't watch Red Cliff 1 yet =P

Teddy said...

Woot I watched Inkheart yesterday too with my best buddies from high school :P

Btw, the comic looks very similar to Sewjin's artwork LOL

Esther said...

to me, red cliff 1 is nice larr.. cos my brother explained to me a bit bout china history.. otherwise, i'm quite lost larr.. and there is one guy in there who's the smart one with attractive personality... so yeng! but that's also cos he wears white all the time and carries a fan... if you watch red cliff 1 and come across that character, you'll know who i'm talking bout =) then, you can say 'esther like wan that wan...'

Anonymous said...

[Teddy] Ya, that sewjin's work...LOL
Hehehe, best buddies from high school? So nice...

[Esther] Haha, I have yet to watch red cliff 1 so I'm afraid that I'll go blur when I watch red cliff 2 so better wait til I watch 1 then only watch 2
Haha, you want me to go 'esther like wan that wan...' in the cinema?? Loudly?? hahahaha!!!!

Anyway, any guy who wears white looks awesomely cool...orlando bloom hint hint LOL

Esther said...

hahaha, true also... i think i make quite a situation wherever i go... remember the time i screamed in audi... gosh...

yeah!!! guys in white are cool... i only like orlando bloom in lord of the rings. but sometimes, i think it's also the hair... you know... that guy in red cliff and orlando both have long hair! hahahhaa...

i haven't finish my clinic visit report yet.. grr.. cos it's so incomplete >.< and out of the 6 patients i clerked in 2 visits, 2 are of no use.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, Ya, your scream is kinda like your trademark..
Anytime we hear a scream, our brain will automatically assumes its you LOL

Ya, I think it's the hair..long straight white hair...haha...

clinic report, haven't touch too coz mine this week is our 2nd time and I haven't get enough too