Thursday, March 19, 2009

Touch Groin + Hearts ^^

It was 6.22am when I woke up because my hand phone ran out of battery and I was so late since I wake up at 5am usually to finish the house chores. I quickly rushed to PWTC station to catch the train and thank goodness I reached uni by 7.30am. I had CSU =)

After listening to how Esther's CSU session went, I studied really hard for it and guess what, I got Kyan Ang and he was so nice hence I had the guts to be the 1st to start palpating for the cervical and axillary lymph nodes aka neck and armpit regions.

BUT I was NOT the 1st to palpate another region which was the inguinal region aka the groin region. It was so unexpected when he asked to proceed to the next part after we finished the axillary region. It's not that we were not comfortable or what, it's just so unexpected. Anyway, I had a few guys stripped in front of me and saw their "private part" so I was OK with seeing but touching...erm...have not had the experience yet so today, I finally touched? a guy's groin with my bare hand?? (It was kinda hairy >.<"') Next, we had lectures from my favourite lecturer (Dr Srikumar) and I spotted a few slides with Hearts. It's actually cells that look like heart shape and mind you the cells we were looking at today are erythrocytes aka red blood cells. Then, when I was walking home from the train station I saw something white on the floor and when I took a closer look, it was a wet tissue in a heart shape!! Walked some more and saw a bush with heart shaped leaves. So I looked up the sky and found a few clouds with heart shape. Is this a sign?? Sign for me to tell you guys I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! Each of you guys are like a piece of puzzle to make an extraordinary picture which I call life =)

Maybe you can feel my cheerfulness now BUT don't think you'll see the same me tomorrow after the feedback session. I'm so going to be soooo emo and depressed. Feedback session is where the questions from the exam paper are shown on the screen and the lecturers release the answers. I am so going to be sad for maybe another few weeks time??

I don't know why I have been feeling very stressed out and emo even though this is just the 1st week of the new system (Haematology) and the next exam is in May. BUT I seem to not be able to concentrate in lectures, absorb any information, focus in my studies or be confident of myself (with whatever confidence left after joining this uni). I feel so dumb and stupid when I compare myself with my batch mates, most of them are scholar or top students or straight As student or something great while I'm just a normal average gal.
I'm starting to doubt myself if I'm in the right course =(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, well u're not as bad, there was this girl who was actually squeamish when she had to touch a friends legs in CSU this morning.

anyway, dun feel too bad la. no point crying over spilled milk right? that's what i keep on telling myself.

btw, u really mean ur batch has A LOT of ppl getting straight As?? wow, ur batchmates must b real geniuses cause as far as I know no one in my batch got an A for both EOS 2&3. In fact we managed to chalk up record failures..

Anonymous said...

hhahaha, maybe coz she didn't have the experience of touching people's leg?? LOL (then how she take the popliteal/ dorsalis pedis/ ant tibial pulse??)

I know, but I just can't help it =(

no no, what I meant was last time as in SPM...but there is a few who has straight As..I think...u know ur batch has more people than mine?

Anonymous said...

by forcing herself to think abt passing OSCE i guess :P basically she just gets uncomfortable la, not that she doesn't dare 2 touch it at all.

erm, so if my batch has more ppl wouldn't dat mean technically we should hv more As too? n besides, i dun tink so, ur batch has dentistry students, mine doesn't.

jasonyks87 said...

damn..medical terms..

so u see people's heart beat and of cos use fourier series to calculate right? lols..

Tay Y Z said...

OMG

Anonymous said...

[Steven] Haih...OCSE...haih...die...
the 230 didn't include dentistry...but now dentistry student seldom have class with us alrd...and more students means u guys have more survivors...

[jason] so i use medical terms, u use ur engineering terms with me larr...hahaha

[Tay] No no, u GOT to do it...lol