Sunday, April 19, 2009

CSC Vs Leo club

CSC= Community Service Club
Leo club = Leo club

In my opinion, both clubs have a similar but not identical goal...to serve the community.

Leo Club's programme objective (according to this) is
"To provide the youth of the world an opportunity for development and contribution, individually and collectively, as responsible members of the local, national, and international community."

For the CSC, it's because IMU did not have a club that provides a platform for charity purpose or to serve the community hence a few seniors joined forces and started this club.

Why am I blogging about this? Because I hate (yes, HATE) what is going on. I don't freaking care if this 2 clubs have the same goal or whatever but when it starts to involve 'scandals' or 'politics' then I "beh song" already.

I wonder if we can join 2 clubs that have similar goals at the same time?? I seriously wonder!!!!!!!!!! If can't then WHY NOT??!!!

I know maybe because if the club don't have enough members then they face getting dissolved BUT if the club's activity is interesting enough, definitely the club can go on and I know, CSC is at the losing side because which well-established school don't have a Leo Club??

If this uni has an "ex-band member club", I am so going to be the first to sign up so if you were a Leo member, will you resist joining a club which is in your comfort zone? Some CSC leaders voiced out some "opinions" which I think is so wrong.
"...but I guess this makes me reflect on how much each of us really own the club,...."

Hah!! That's it, I really lost interest in joining and being committed and when I remembered how the seniors told some of my friends (which I know was really committed) "You are not committed to the club", it really pisses me off!!

Getting stress from studies, assignments, PBLs, electives, ballet, friends and family, I don't think I want to be in a club that gives me extra unnecessary stress.





Why is uni life so not fun??!!! Or is it just me??
=(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess when it comes to 2 clubs wif the same objectives the problem is with the appropriation of resources. they would stand stronger and accomplish more if they stood as 1.

in this case i tink the proper way out is simply 4 CSC to change its name 2 LEO club (since this is better known) and perhaps have a reelection of its board of committee. My point here is that both sides right now seem to be losing the big picture of actually doing good to the community and are more focused on simply trying to outdo the other and on not 'losing'. Which comes to my point of how some IMU students are better off as politicians :P

jene said...

Ya, I totally agree Steve but do you think CSC will change it's name?? Do you think reelection is a choice to them?? NAH...

Some IMU students like the president of Leo club which was established weeks ago is a partial politician..he's a very active DAP member...at Penang!!! haha, Steven..u know him?? LOL

Anonymous said...

obviously no..but it's my right 2 b idealistic isn't it :D n i tink had the SRC intervened, which they probably should hv, there wouldn't be such a problem.

nope, i dun like/care about malaysian politics..if u remember i din even noe dat najib was PM until like few days after :P